I cut too many wires i think - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I cut too many wires i think

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
spoiler73
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I cut too many wires i think

I did the howell tbi conversion and I cut to many wire and cannot figure out how to get constant spark to the distributor. If someone can help me with the wiring for the ignition control module. Where to hook the power to which wire goes where ect. I have been at this all day and cannot figure it out.

spoiler73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #2
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Did you check the Howell website? I have an aftermarket ICM but I'll give you any pictures I can if that will help. I did not install the kit myself.
Unread 05-11-2013, 07:46 AM   #3
spoiler73
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I called them numerous times yesterday. Yea pics would be great. Can you take some of where the icm hooks up where the purple wire hooks up and runs to. I would greatly appreciate it.
Unread 05-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #4
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah I'll do what I can. Things came up this morning so I won't be able to get them until this afternoon. PM me your info and I'll text them directly to you. The forum hasn't been letting me post photos from the iphone app.
Unread 05-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #5
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Howell is all about fuel delivery. For the ignition you are probably better off looking at posts regarding the nutter buypass.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/p...bypass-476720/
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #6
spoiler73
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I did the nutter bypass a few years ago. They talk about the purple wire going into the open or "C" position. I see nothing that says that. Here is what they say. I am confused about it.

To install jumper wire, remove the two (2 and 4 pin) connectors from the ignition
module located under coolant bottle and raise connectors and harness to locate 4-pin
connector. Release connector lock and install jumper wire in the open or “C” position of
the four-pin connector. Close lock and feed jumper wire through harness to junction and
splice into 18 (purple). Re-connect 2 and 4 pin connectors to Dura-spark module
Unread 05-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #7
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I can't help with the existing but I can tell you that I swapped in an HEI distributor and it made a world of difference plus got rid of a bunch more wires.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.