I call her puddles...a timeline of events - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I call her puddles...a timeline of events

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #31
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hghgrad if you are ever in a pinch and need some help let me know. I am Downriver in Trenton. Not too far at all. I am going to start my build thread here in a few weeks. I just went down to Columbus and picked up a 4WD tub kit for $1500 for my Driveway Queen to start it going again. Fingers cross the waether will break and I can get going on it. No heat in the garage and I am turning a wrench in the cold garage. Those days are Long Gone!

Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2013, 12:40 PM   #32
Hghgrad
1994 YJ Wrangler 

The plan is to toss an 8.8 in and some shafts in the d30, then buy some tires.

It barely clears the garage door now, so I'm going to have to grab a top of some sorts for the summer time to leave it outside. I don't care that it gets wet, I just don't want to sit down on a wet seat

I'm still feeling pretty good about the money I've spent putting this together. The latest expense was the aw4 swap stuff...which was cheap anyways.

Picked up the aw4 for $100
Already had a good flex plate from the old motor out of my Cherokee
$3 for the wiring harness connectors at the junkyard

Really only need some hoses and some warm weather to finish this up.

I'm with you Que, I won't be doing much of anything until it warms up a little. My days of cold garage wrenching are over, unless one of the DD's requires my attention.
Unread 02-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #33
Hghgrad
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Here's some random pictures I took during the swap.

Re drilled to clock the case.

Tc shifter

Shifter is really close to the factory position. Just used 2 mounts from the tc to support the shifter bracket. It's pretty solid.
Unread 02-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #34
Hghgrad
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Wiring is done, shifter installed, trans cooler installed.

I've gotta tighten some hose clamps and put fluids in the transfer case and trans. Might get around to buttoning it all up tomorrow. Need to clean up everything behind it so I can try to see if it will move under its own power.
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #35
Hghgrad
1994 YJ Wrangler 

The aw4 swap is a compete success. Drove it around the block a few times and it was great. One small leak from a hose clamp, but tightening it up solved that problem. Leaving the country in a few weeks, and I'll be putting insurance back on and driving it after I get back. I trust it much more now with all the noises gone from the transmission area. Throw out and pilot bearings were both trashed, along with the clutch. Couldn't have rebuilt the ax15 and put all those new parts on for anywhere near what I spent on the aw4 swap.

Probably let my wife drive my Audi to save some wear and tear on her explorer.

With the new transmission and re sealing the transfer case...it's leak free for now. I'm sure it'll spring a leak somewhere else in the next few weeks to continue its legacy

Grand total.
$100 aw4
$13 for the console and shifter
$3 for the wiring and tcu
$60 in fluids and hoses

Round it to $200 for anything I forgot.

Sold the ax15 and external slave for $150

So...$50 total
Unread 06-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #36
Hghgrad
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ordered and installed some rocker guards...

Then I sold it about a week ago...

Wasn't driving it because of the unpredictable weather. When it was nice, I drove my audi because it has air conditioning. Putting a down payment on a new truck Tuesday. Something a bit more practical for my lifestyle right now.

I'll likely buy another wrangler in the next few years. Probably a tj though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.