I spent some time on the Basket Case over the weekend. I managed to get two new u-joints installed and the rear drive shaft is in! It is a little longer than I first expected. To compensate, I will probably just remove the rear axle, drill a new hole on the perch, and relocate the axle back by 3/4" to 1". I figure that M.O.R.E. sell these predrilled with three holes, I can modify mine.
I worked on the wiring, made some good progress too! Tshark299 sent me some wiring schematics. I compared them to what I had and to my conversion list. I was missing only a couple wires, not bad for a Chiltons manual. His wiring also included the correct(?) diagram to identify the wire terminal cavities. I used it to compare my findings. I liked Tshark299's diagram better. It simplified the cavity search on the termainal transfer. I will have a diagram with wire colors and locations in the next week or so.
I also did manage to locate a locking C clip for the transmission shift cable adjustment. I have it set and it shifts through with no problems!
Coming this week, I will follow the orange wire to the fuel tank and see if it terminates at the fuel sender or of it is unused. I located an empty relay plug under the dash with an orange wire. (The orange wire was typically used for the 2.5L four popper fuel pump). This wire will be what is used for the new electric fuel pump.
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk V6.