Hybrid Cruise Control .... Help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hybrid Cruise Control .... Help!

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-06-2011, 09:11 PM   #1
cevans87
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Hybrid Cruise Control .... Help!

Ok so I have a 1990 wrangler, ive put a 4.7 stroker in using fuel injection, wiring harness, tilt steering column, and factory cruise control in from a 1993-1994 cherokee.... And cruise isnt working....

Vaccum is connected, wiring is connected to servo....

Wiring from column for cruise is connected to the engine harness from the cherokee...

without altering any wiring first attempt at cruise control was umsuccessful...

Then cross referencing diagrams between 90 yj and 93 xj, led me to belive that the yellow/red wire on the xj harness connecter for cruise control at the steering wheel needed a signal from the lightblue/black wire on the yj stop lamp switch

Still not working...and no codes from ecm for 34 code...

Where is my problem ?

Built Not Bought #447, 1992 Jeep XJ Supercharged 4.7, 1988 Jeep YJ Auto 4.2L, 2008 Commander Limited HEMI, 1990 Jeep YJ 4.7L Fuel Injected AW4, 1981 Scrambler 304 Auto

I Am The Jeep Surgeon!!!
cevans87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2011, 09:36 PM   #2
Fin_Reaper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Pull out the multi-meter and check signal voltages (if a 3-wire setup like my 5.2) or switch closures (4 wire setup). Recheck your schematics and wiring.

I couldn't use my stop lamp out of my 88 YJ. I had to use another, independent stop lamp switch from a ram.
Unread 09-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
cevans87
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Im not following you....

Im using the xj steering column, xj wiring harness and xj cruise....

The switch on the column has a connector with 4 wires.... 2 go to the ecm, one has power coming from the xj pdc and one (yellow/red) should go to the stop lamp switch....

I cross referenced the wiring diagrams and have connected the xj yellow/red cruise switch wire to the yj lightblue/black wire on the stop lamp switch.... I guess this wire is supposed to disengage the cruise once the brake is engaged...

But i have nothing..... What can i check ?
Built Not Bought #447, 1992 Jeep XJ Supercharged 4.7, 1988 Jeep YJ Auto 4.2L, 2008 Commander Limited HEMI, 1990 Jeep YJ 4.7L Fuel Injected AW4, 1981 Scrambler 304 Auto

I Am The Jeep Surgeon!!!
cevans87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #4
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Try running it with the wire unhooked and give it power manually. I would also try posting this in the XJ forums. It seems it would pertain more to that than a yj.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.