Hummer Snorkel?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hummer Snorkel??

VANCO DUAL MODE KNUCKLE 15" and 16" Big Brake kiLabor Day Sale!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 03-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
1murderedjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hummer Snorkel??

Can I put a snorkel like this on the right side rather than the left? I want to put it a 90 in between the firewall and the cab. Thanks guys/gals it doesnt seem like it will be a problem just dont want to drill a hole and find there is no room for the pipe. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...y-pics-615089/

1murderedjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
idskot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I have seen them on the passenger's side as well as driver's. However, the one or two I've seen on the passenger's side were more in than the one that you posted.

EDIT:: You will have to go over the engine, and that will heat up the air more than the set up in the thread you posted... but it won't be too big of a deal.
idskot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Where are you going to put the battery?
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #4
1murderedjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe
Where are you going to put the battery?
There's enough room right above the battery. Just have to remove the air intake tube in order to remove the battery but that no biggy
Unread 03-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #5
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry YJ = Driver side.

Here is my write up..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/
intakecutdown.jpg  
BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #6
1murderedjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHfireYJ
Sorry YJ = Driver side.

Here is my write up..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/
Looks good. Just have a lot of **** on that side, such as brake and clutch stuff. Do you know what's in the way on the pass. side. I guess I could just drill through the firewall and see.
Unread 03-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #7
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

battery, glovebox, heating fan. There is some room but just crawl in your YJ and try to look up there. you cant...

Driver side, Tons of room!!!

The difference in mine vs the earlier thread is He relocated his fuse panel lower, (bad if in deep water) I reloacted the ecm higher .. Tons of room!! and the air box is right there too!

why the passenger side push? The ARB snorkles are driver side YJ...
BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
Unread 03-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #8
1murderedjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHfireYJ
battery, glovebox, heating fan. There is some room but just crawl in your YJ and try to look up there. you cant...

Driver side, Tons of room!!!

The difference in mine vs the earlier thread is He relocated his fuse panel lower, (bad if in deep water) I reloacted the ecm higher .. Tons of room!! and the air box is right there too!
Haha yeah I looked at that, there not much room but I also have the brake booster on the drives side. I am screwed either way. Btw I'm runnin a cone and ditching the stock box. Thanks for all the help

Edit: seen how you went under the brake booster... I'm tired and looked right over that.
Unread 03-13-2012, 06:26 AM   #9
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1murderedjeep View Post
Haha yeah I looked at that, there not much room but I also have the brake booster on the drives side. I am screwed either way. Btw I'm runnin a cone and ditching the stock box. Thanks for all the help

Edit: seen how you went under the brake booster... I'm tired and looked right over that.
Was just about to point that out, but see you caught that...

BTW, There is alot of wire harness to the ECM, and it can be relocated to the passenger side for mounting. (it's in someones write up). Even though it sealed, I liked installing mine off the radiator brace where its up Hi.

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
Unread 03-13-2012, 06:45 AM   #10
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHfireYJ View Post
Was just about to point that out, but see you caught that...

BTW, There is alot of wire harness to the ECM, and it can be relocated to the passenger side for mounting. (it's in someones write up). Even though it sealed, I liked installing mine off the radiator brace where its up Hi.
go through any water crossings yet? did any water make it into the box? hows the computer holding up just hanging there?
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 06:50 AM   #11
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandboost98 View Post
go through any water crossings yet? did any water make it into the box? hows the computer holding up just hanging there?
I've had water up to the headlight 1/2 way up, As deep as I want to go.
Airbox was fine and dry. My feet were a different story.

Computer is fine. Its well secured so it doesn't move around.

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:12 AM   #12
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

good to hear, ive dunked my hood under water before with the stock setup and only had a little wet spot on the bottom of the box, filter was still dry. although it did alright, id rather not chance it again
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.