Hub for a rear dana 60 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hub for a rear dana 60

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
Wyogunman
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Hub for a rear dana 60

My race keeps spinning in my hub. We tac welded in in last time and it worked for a while but has happened again. My problem is I cannot find a hub for a Dana 60 rear end. Plenty of front end hubs but nothing for the rear. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I would post a picture of the hub but the forum is not letting me

Wyogunman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
SeanB95YJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyogunman View Post
I would post a picture of the hub but the forum is not letting me
sorry, have no clue on the D60 as I don't have one myself....
but re: pictures... I know as a "regular" member, you need like 50 posts or so before the forum software lets you attach pics... but with you being a supporting member (congrats btw for being such a new guy and coming up with support) I would've thought you could

anyway... if you have a pic of what you're talking about, email it to me and I'll post it for you... seanb.sti@gmail.com
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Sean B. - Schenectady, NY - 95 YJ, 350/700r4/NP241, JB Shorty SYE, 8.8 rear, 2" BDS, 1" homebrew shackles, Daystar 1" BL, TJ flares, 35x12.50 General Grabber AT2 on 15x10 Bart D-Truckers, Polyshield polycarbonate windshield, HD over/under crossover steering
[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]swap/build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/after-almost-4-years-finally-my-own-build-swap-thread-1542284/[/url][/COLOR][/FONT]
SeanB95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #3
Wyogunman
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I just sent you an email. Thank you!
Unread 10-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #4
SeanB95YJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

okeedokee... originals are a little over 2MB... that's probably why they weren't posting for you. JPGs need to be under 560 or so, so I resized them

here you go:

hub.jpg
hub2.jpg
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Sean B. - Schenectady, NY - 95 YJ, 350/700r4/NP241, JB Shorty SYE, 8.8 rear, 2" BDS, 1" homebrew shackles, Daystar 1" BL, TJ flares, 35x12.50 General Grabber AT2 on 15x10 Bart D-Truckers, Polyshield polycarbonate windshield, HD over/under crossover steering
[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]swap/build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/after-almost-4-years-finally-my-own-build-swap-thread-1542284/[/url][/COLOR][/FONT]
SeanB95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #5
jason m
your ad here...

What year and what make 60 rear? I junk 60 rears all the time, there not worth building IMO when a 14 bolt has all the beef. With that said a HD 60 will share the same hub as a 14 B and a dana 70.

So worst case if you cant find any 60's in the local junkyards, then take your races and go to the junkyard and start pulling 70/14 B hubs and try and match them up. But again your 60 needs to be a HD ( or a U ) model to match to the other axle's.
Get the pair, this way you have a spare.

One last thing don't paint a machined surface or a torque surface, like a hub face. The paint can ware off, then the torque spec on a bolt or a lug nut is lost causing the bolt or lug to loosen.
Jason.

And on the 8th day, God created the 14 bolt....
jason m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #6
Wyogunman
1992 YJ Wrangler 

It's a 60 out if a 79 f250. I didn't paint the hubs, it just came that way. That's good to know so thank you. I'm not sure which one it is. Don't I have to take off the diff cover to find out?
Unread 10-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #7
Wyogunman
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I am from Wyoming and for some reason we don't have the junk yards like the rest if the country. The only one I know of is 115 miles away. I've been trying to get ahold of them to see if they have one with no luck so far. It sure would help if you could help me with just a make and model. Thanks again for the help!
Unread 10-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #8
jason m
your ad here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyogunman View Post
I am from Wyoming and for some reason we don't have the junk yards like the rest if the country. The only one I know of is 115 miles away. I've been trying to get ahold of them to see if they have one with no luck so far. It sure would help if you could help me with just a make and model. Thanks again for the help!
78-79 Ford trucks normally don't run a HD rear 60. Look for a HD stamped on the housing chunk or large boar spindles. But every 78-79 I have pulled apart has been a small boar.

I have one under a truck, but its not slatted to be pulled till winter.

Jason.

Unread 10-08-2013, 01:10 AM   #9
Wyogunman
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks everybody. Found a complete axle on Craigslist for $50.
Unread 10-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #10
JeepinJeremy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason m View Post
78-79 Ford trucks normally don't run a HD rear 60. Look for a HD stamped on the housing chunk or large boar spindles. But every 78-79 I have pulled apart has been a small boar.

I have one under a truck, but its not slatted to be pulled till winter.

Jason.
Ford used the Dana 60 and Dana 60hd in the f250 and f350 from 1960 somthing thru 1980 something. It depended what was called for on the build sheet all the hubs were the same. spindles are all the same 2", spline count was either 16 or 30 axle width varried from 63"-69". Ford did not use larger 60 spindles unit mid 80's and they switched to a 32 spline at the same time. That being said sorry i missed your post i have a few axles laying around but probebly would of cost a ton in shipping for those heavy hubs. 50.00 buck is a good deal.
JeepinJeremy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #11
jason m
your ad here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinJeremy View Post
Ford used the Dana 60 and Dana 60hd in the f250 and f350 from 1960 somthing thru 1980 something. It depended what was called for on the build sheet all the hubs were the same. spindles are all the same 2", spline count was either 16 or 30 axle width varried from 63"-69". Ford did not use larger 60 spindles unit mid 80's and they switched to a 32 spline at the same time. That being said sorry i missed your post i have a few axles laying around but probebly would of cost a ton in shipping for those heavy hubs. 50.00 buck is a good deal.
That's why I said the 78-79 Fords "NORMALLY" don't run one and also said every one "I" pulled apart did not have one.
That's does not mean Ford in those years never ran one or did I imply that. I was just saying out of the 20-25 78-79 fronts ive pulled over the last 13 years all where small boar NON HD.

Jason.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.