Howell TBI Install Video - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Howell TBI Install Video

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 10-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
johnpainter
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Howell TBI Install Video

Hey Everyone:

I just finished an install of the Howell fuel injection system on my 1990 YJ. It started right up afterwards, so I guess I did it right!

Anyway, I wanted to give back to all the Jeepers who have helped me over the years, so I made a 26 minute video explaining the whole install process and showing some of the things I ran into during the install. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvHvO...ature=youtu.be

If anybody has questions in the future, I'll try to answer them.

johnpainter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #2
bpounds
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Fantastic! Watching it now.
bpounds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #3
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Im gonna use this to straighten out the wiring mess I have. The people I got the motor from didnt take much care in making a neat install. Hopefully it still works when im done.
Unread 10-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

John that is a great video. I added it to my long list of bookmarks. Just guessing but I am betting that you are a teacher or have a job dealing with the public. You are very well spoken in the video. Thank you for the post!
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #5
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
John that is a great video. I added it to my long list of bookmarks. Just guessing but I am betting that you are a teacher or have a job dealing with the public. You are very well spoken in the video. Thank you for the post!
x2 but I think you have more patience than I do.. my theory? cut wires can always be re-soldered..

Great video!
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club #91
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost" 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s

TJ FOR SALE
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #6
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Nice video. Hopefully it will be of help in the future for those doing the Howell conversion.

The Howell installation manual does leave much to be desired for a person who has never done the install before. After the install, it makes perfect sense, but that's not when you really need the instructions.
NonRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #7
johnpainter
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonRubicon View Post
The Howell installation manual does leave much to be desired for a person who has never done the install before. After the install, it makes perfect sense, but that's not when you really need the instructions.
That's exactly right. Most of the information is there, but the format, layout, word choice and organization of the documentation is pretty bad. I actually emailed the company offering to revamp the documentation for them since I'm both a writer and a photographer, but no word back.
johnpainter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.