Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Howell fuel injection

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  timatoe 
#1 · (Edited)
I am thinking of replacing my carb with a Fuel injection set up. I have searched and read some old threads and was hoping some new opinions or some updates on previous installs. The engine runs good it starts hard in the morning especially when cold out, I am hoping that the FI will make it a better daily driver and bring my mpg up a little from 8.5. Thanks Kevin

also anyone who did this themselves how was the change and about how long did it take? I have access to a lift and anything that a Acura dealer shop has in it.

#2 ·
I just put mine in, it's not too bad at all. Took me a little longer because I was only working an hour or so here and there between my work schedule. I haven't had a chance to really drive it yet, but as far as the install,,,,not bad at all.

#5 ·
Where did you buy it and how much if you don't mind me askin thanks Kevin
Got mine from Collins Brothers Jeeps, it's a little cheaper on their site than through Howell, but I bought it through one of their eBay auctions for $1150 with $27 shipping. It's the cheapest I could find, and I looked ALOT.

#6 ·
ive had mine for a couple years its the best thing ive done. As for the mileage i was around 10-12 with the carb and ive only checked once since i installed it but i was getting around 19 mpg it was all hiway miles. Starts great every time i spent 1200 on mine but that was for the california version.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.