How Weather Resistant? -

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-16-2002, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
1986 CJ7 
How Weather Resistant?

Does anyone know how "weather proof" a Wrangler is? I need to leave it sitting in the open without a top, are the instrumentation and controls in the dash "up to it"???

Thanks, Bruce

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 Old 02-16-2002, 08:34 AM
Wranglers are EXTREMELY durable, after all, they are JEEPS! Mine was at the beach during a Tornado, the winds actually picked it up and slid it into another car, $4,000 worth of damage to the Crown Vic it hit,and it only bent my bumperette!! In other words, a wrangler could stand being outside all the time with no top, but, you might as well atleast throw a tarp over it or something, why put it through hell if you don't absolutely have to,

95 2.5L, bumpers and hilift, soon to be locked and lifted!!!

95, 2.5L, custom bumpers, Flow's, 4 inch Skyjacker Super Duty, 33x12.50 MT's, 15X10 AR 767's, Hi-lift, Funk in the Trunk( two 12 inch subs ), soon to be locked and have one of those pully things on the front.

If you are going to be a bear, be a grizzly...
post #3 of 4 Old 02-16-2002, 01:12 PM
2014 JK Wrangler 
EVERYTHING on the Jeep is water-proof. The gauges are watertight. The only thing that isnt is the carpet. But, why would you NEED to leave it out w/o a top. You can spent I think $80 for a cab cover that is waterproof. Seals off your entire cab. I mean, they say VW beetles can float, but why would you try it, ya know?

Currently: '14 JKU

Past vehicles: '92 YJ, '97 TJ, '10 JK
post #4 of 4 Old 02-17-2002, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
1986 CJ7 
Hey gentlemen! Thanks for the help, I have made my decision. If you want to see my "new" baby, look in the "CJ" forum under the topic "4-speed choice"!

Thanks, Bruce

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.