How Weather Resistant? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > How Weather Resistant?

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-16-2002, 06:14 AM   #1
HighCountry
1986 CJ7 

How Weather Resistant?

Does anyone know how "weather proof" a Wrangler is? I need to leave it sitting in the open without a top, are the instrumentation and controls in the dash "up to it"???

Thanks, Bruce

HighCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2002, 08:34 AM   #2
Mike611

Wranglers are EXTREMELY durable, after all, they are JEEPS! Mine was at the beach during a Tornado, the winds actually picked it up and slid it into another car, $4,000 worth of damage to the Crown Vic it hit,and it only bent my bumperette!! In other words, a wrangler could stand being outside all the time with no top, but, you might as well atleast throw a tarp over it or something, why put it through hell if you don't absolutely have to,

mike
95 2.5L, bumpers and hilift, soon to be locked and lifted!!!
95, 2.5L, custom bumpers, Flow's, 4 inch Skyjacker Super Duty, 33x12.50 MT's, 15X10 AR 767's, Hi-lift, Funk in the Trunk( two 12 inch subs ), soon to be locked and have one of those pully things on the front.

If you are going to be a bear, be a grizzly...
Mike611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2002, 01:12 PM   #3
MusicMaverick
2010 JK Wrangler 

EVERYTHING on the Jeep is water-proof. The gauges are watertight. The only thing that isnt is the carpet. But, why would you NEED to leave it out w/o a top. You can spent I think $80 for a cab cover that is waterproof. Seals off your entire cab. I mean, they say VW beetles can float, but why would you try it, ya know?

Past vehicles:
1992 YJ
1997 TJ
MusicMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2002, 09:03 AM   #4
HighCountry
1986 CJ7 

Hey gentlemen! Thanks for the help, I have made my decision. If you want to see my "new" baby, look in the "CJ" forum under the topic "4-speed choice"!

Thanks, Bruce
HighCountry is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.