how to replace hard door window on a 1993 wrangler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > how to replace hard door window on a 1993 wrangler

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdGear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 08-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
nightflyer
1993 YJ Wrangler 

how to replace hard door window on a 1993 wrangler

I was woundering if anyone has any tips on removing the window out of the hard doors. i am going to redo the whole door and need the window removed and cant get it out of the door. Any help would be great.

nightflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
Why J?
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Mine had vents so i pulled those and took out the mechanism in the bottom of the door and then did everything short of breaking the window to get it out.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-pissed-wife-747535/
Phase II 5.3L/4L60e then NV3550
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...stall-1400506/
Why J? is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Not very hard. Roll the window all the way down. Pull the weather striping around the top and then the squeegee felts (assuming you're replacing those too) Pull the vent glass, should be three screws along the outer edge and two on the door behind the panel, it should pull toward the middle from the top and then lift right out. Then crank the window up enough to get to the two bolts at the bottom edge of the glass. Once those are out, grab the top edge of the glass, it will slide right out (pull up and in a bit so it comes out toward the inside of the Jeep).
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
animal0307
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Go to the CJ forum and search "Gaucho" I think it's around page 30-40 he does a rebuild of the doors from a YJ and does a step by step break down. I found it easiest to pull all U channel seal in the hoop so I could pull the window vent out. Just becareful it is a kinda violent process getting the vent out. I also left my door on the Jeep and sat on a stool. It was way easier then trying it on a table.
animal0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #5
nightflyer
1993 YJ Wrangler 

thanks for the help ill give that a try this weekend and let you know how it works out
Unread 08-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #6
animal0307
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Ok I lied. Page 67 Here it is.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ga...ml#post8290416

And here is another one.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/fu...28/index3.html
Unread 08-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #7
nightflyer
1993 YJ Wrangler 

So i got the windows out however i am still having a issue taking out the door lock and the mirror and tips anyone has found
Unread 08-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #8
animal0307
1991 YJ Wrangler 

The lock cylinder has a little "C" shaped clip that wedges bewteen it and the door that keeps it wedged in place. It should slide right out if you knock it with a long screw driver and possibly a few taps from a hammer. The mirrors should just be bolted on as far as I know unless you have an after market set up.
Unread 08-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #9
nightflyer
1993 YJ Wrangler 

ok now how do i remove the handles within the doors i looked and it looked like cotter pins but they dont want to pull out any idea on how to get that door latch out. you guys have been a huge help to me.
Unread 08-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #10
animal0307
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Thos are them. There should be a notched shim next to them that the clip fits in. Looks like this You will have to hold the clip back while you push the shim out. If your doors are like mine the clip will snap and it makes dis-assembly that much easier.

Tags
hard doors , need help , window removal , wrangler , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.