How much frame repair is too much? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > How much frame repair is too much?

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.cFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
fitbmxseries1
1987 YJ Wrangler 

How much frame repair is too much?

well so far i repaired the rear section of my frame around the leaf shackles and the front part of the frame around the leaf shackles ( 1/2 plate from shackle mount all the way past the front wheel so its solid now!) but now i found a small rust hole ( that means theres a small hole but LOTS of structural loss!) right in front of the rear wheel on the DS. I have a welder and a plasma cutter so repair is no big deal hour at the most and id be done but should i keep fixing it or just deal with not having a jeep for about a year while i do a frame swap? Or just go nuts and box the whole frame in? This isnt a daily driver its just to cruise around for fun and lots of wheeling... probably never see the highway. any one else just repair instead of replace? pics are always awesome for boxing in ideas too.

fitbmxseries1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2010, 07:12 PM   #2
jojojeep1
1988 YJ Wrangler 

just fix it brother your lucky to have a cutter and a welder, i have to pay out for that stuff.good luck and fix it as it comes.
jojojeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2010, 07:21 PM   #3
fitbmxseries1
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I help out any one thats got a jeep near me with welding ive done a few frame repairs so i try to spread my welder luck! i kinda enjoy doing it lol.
fitbmxseries1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.