How do you remove the plastic half door panel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > How do you remove the plastic half door panel

1 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved dStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 11-01-2009, 12:41 PM   #1
beachedjeepyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

How do you remove the plastic half door panel

how do you remove the plastic part of the door for a half door, i need to fix the handle and i wasnt sure how to open it and i dont feel like accidentally breaking it off.

edit: wow i really misspelled panel

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/motorcraft-carb-swap-961766/[/url]
beachedjeepyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2009, 01:29 PM   #2
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

There are a ton of those plastic body clips that you just have to pop out as you pull it away from the door. Obviously remove the inner handle screws. You need to pop the 3 half door top clips out of the top edge. you do not need to remove the door latch handle. Once you pull the plastic away from the door and all your clips are loose, you have to slide it up so the lip in the window edge pulls out.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #3
beachedjeepyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

haha yeah i got it all fixed i ended up braking one of those screws that was difficult but i used a zip tie to keep it on, no one will notice it anyway

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/motorcraft-carb-swap-961766/[/url]
beachedjeepyj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.