how do i correct speedometer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > how do i correct speedometer

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-16-2013, 12:36 AM   #1
maxthegi
1994 YJ Wrangler 

how do i correct speedometer

How do I correct the speedometer in my jeep? I have seen speedo gears as well as computer controlled calibrators. I have a lift put on by the PO. I am assuming they never corrected the issue afterwards. Thanks again.

maxthegi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 01:15 AM   #2
squarelite
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I would first check your speed using a GPS unit. Compare that to what your speedo says. After that, if it needs to be adjusted, you can order different speedo gears from places like quadratec. I would consult them regarding what gear it needs based upon how far the speedo is off. It may also be helpful to pull the gear and see how many teeth it has for reference. It may have been changed before some mods were done. What size tires does it have and do you know if it has been regeared?
squarelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 01:18 AM   #3
Dake

1991 YJ Wrangler 

You need to know what gears you have and tire size and use the chart to find the one you need. http://www.quadratec.com/jeep_knowle...article-46.htm

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.