How deep is too deep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > How deep is too deep

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Unread 01-20-2002, 06:30 PM   #1
shea324@aol.com

How deep is too deep

So Friday I was messing around where I houldnt have been, and when I told myself - maybe its not too deep, I was wrong. What I thought wa 5" turned out to be more like 15". which instantly got me stuck seeing how the bottom was soft. And the more I struggled, the deeper I sank. So to make a long story short, I was over my hubs in water for about 10 minutes, then pulled out by a backhoe (don't ask) So now im wondering, could I have done any damage to my engine? I know I'm supposed to grease the wheel bearings, but I heard that they aren't serviceable or something like that?

Unread 01-20-2002, 08:29 PM   #2
jpwranglr9

no they are not servicable. you probably didnt do any damage. a good thing would to be drain the diff fluids front and rear. thats about all you realy need to do. as long as water doesnt get to over your front signal lights on the grill you should be ok (if stock airbox).
1995 YJ ,SOA with 4" procomp front 3.5" BDS rear 1" shackle rear, custom stearing, 35x12.50x15 pro-comp MTs, warn xd9000i, on-board air from A/C, dana 44 rear and 30 front with 4.56, powertrax no-spin rear, custom disks rear/trutrac front, warn front shafts, HD SYE kit, HD front and rear driveshafts, Warn 4X flairs, PIAA 520 ligts and on and on and on :)
jpwranglr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2002, 12:58 AM   #3
Billy Badass

As long as you did not suck mud, water, or any other kind of crap into your engine you should be fine, but i do agree with changing the diff fluid.

As long as it runs you should be fine.

88' YJ 3" body, 32x11.50 ProComp Mud Terrain. JKBII Carb Mod. Nutter Bypass and a new ignition. White Faced Gauges with blue backlighting. Sone to come 4.10 gears and lockers.
Billy Badass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2002, 01:46 PM   #4
AJ

I've been in mud/water over my headlights (temporarily) and blew my TPS and soaked my K&N. No other damage. Took about 5 hours to clean all the mud out of the interior tho'. Mental note, put the top up for mud runs.
AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2002, 02:29 PM   #5
GothicJeep

On that note, anybody got any good ideas about snorkels for the yj? I've sucked water into my airbox twice and, thankfully, there's been no damage. It just kinda sucks (forgive the pun!)...

Goth...

'Blue Zombie' (My 2002 TJ SE)
30x9.5 Hi-Tec Muds, Olympic Dave's Rack, and a BUTTLOAD of tow hooks...

My blog! Dr. Zombie's Midnight Theater or Terror
GothicJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2002, 07:44 PM   #6
Darko

This guy I know went into water going too fast, he sucked water in his intake and broke his camshaft and 1st connecting rod, and also put a hole in the block.
Unread 01-21-2002, 07:56 PM   #7
iamthemellowman

ahh, i was thinking the same thing gothicjeep. Maybe an attachment to one of those k&n pipes to allow easy removal when it is not needed and when you want some intake noise...

hmm, maybe i should see whats out there. i imagine that a cannister airbox for a normal cylinder typefilter should be able to be sourced....hmmm 30 minutes later,, maybe that would be harder than it seems.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.