How To Check Fault Codes - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > How To Check Fault Codes

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-22-2012, 11:37 PM   #16
pete1991YJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Yeah, what ever happened to OldtimeIronman?

Meh. He's prolly "paying it forward" under an alias or something.

Unread 05-23-2012, 12:48 AM   #17
MurtleDaTurtle
1995 YJ Wrangler 

ecu

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsteryjjeep View Post
no start 95 wrangler 2.5 4cyl. cut off going down the road will not start bad its getting fuel just no spark replaced the coil twice and still no good. Checked everythings getting power but the tps, map sen 5v with key in on position. Codes 22,23,24 show up when I checked it. I know what they are but dunno why they would stop it from starting or getting spark they just control the fuel lean,rich part. Any ideas? Would greatly appreciate any.
Ecu had the same prob with my 95 yj 4.0. before I replace it i would get three diffrent codes also when it would rain heavy for days it wouldn't start.I would let it sit with the key on for 20 min before it would prime. I replace the fuel pump because i didn;t hear it prime, come to find out you ecu tells the pump to prime and turn your ignition on. I found company out of davie florida paid 120 bucks for rebuilt ECU they are called Auto computer exchange direct. The owner told me it is common the resister start to leak acid and short the board out.It will send you false codes. Since that I haven't had a prob for two years now.
MurtleDaTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 10:11 AM   #18
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks.......Pete.

I heard that Oldtime had a sense of humor and well the moderators did appreciate it. Then again it might have gone just a bit too far......

I am sure he is still around helping out where and when he can.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 09:47 AM   #19
CJ5_Fan
1980 CJ5 

Apologies for reviving an old thread but I just got an 89 YJ with the 4.2 and I don't seem to have a 'check engine' light on my dash. (at least it isn't illuminating with my key turned on ) Is there a alternate way to pull the codes with the key method or is the only option thru the diagnostics ports? If so, can a light be attached to any pins in the ports that will read out the codes visually?

Click HERE to check out my CJ5 restoration project page
CJ5_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #20
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

No diagnostics for the 87-90. You have to do it old school and use a meter, factory service manual, and common sense. You will find all the help you need if you post up a thread with the problem on the YJ.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #21
CJ5_Fan
1980 CJ5 

thanks. guess it is time to go 'old school' on it!

Click HERE to check out my CJ5 restoration project page
CJ5_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.