how to adjust my shift lever - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > how to adjust my shift lever

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 02-05-2013, 05:04 AM   #1
Lrasser
1998 TJ Wrangler 

how to adjust my shift lever

i've been researching on multiple forums and I can't seem to find my answer. I have an 87 wrangler and it doesn't downshift at the right times. I have a metal bar which i beleive is the level to adjust just not sure how. it has two screws and an adjustable slider. Everything i read says there is a cable to adjust. I don't have a second cable just a metal linkage. Was this changed on later year YJ's? how do I adjust mine?

Lrasser is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.