hot to cold weather - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > hot to cold weather

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!ExtremeTerrain.com Now Carries Raxiom Off-Road Technology RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 01-20-2002, 05:52 PM   #1
classicjeepman

hot to cold weather

My jeep has lived in Florida all its life but now its with me in Kentucky. Yesterday it was under an inch of snow. I was just wondering if there is anything I need to do to keep her running good in the cold climate. She definetly likes the new terrain but I want to make sure she stays in top running condition.
Thanks for any suggestions. Joe

Unread 01-21-2002, 05:33 PM   #2
JeepMax

Hi,

Make sure to check the kind of oil your Jeep is running on right now. I don't know how cold it gets in Kentucky - but you should not be running 10W-40 in the Wintertime. Best get an oil change right away.

Also, make sure you be careful with the softtop - those things scratch easy as hell in freezing weather - and the windows can even crack...

Good luck,

JeepMax

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.