Hood scoops worth the money? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hood scoops worth the money?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 12-06-2009, 07:02 PM   #61
buzziegee
1990 YJ Wrangler 

It's like cowl induction for the heater,,,there's a high pressure zone at the base of the windshield,,thus the better airflow....Buzziegee,,,Cheers!!

buzziegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2009, 02:59 PM   #62
irish_loveAWD
Green Newbie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestos View Post
good luck, never installed mine, beause i can get it to fit between the black vent cover and the Washer Fluid ejector thingys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
I got the first one and it's still in the box because I can't aim it towards the windshield.

I'm thinking of getting this one:
Kentrol 30507 - Kentrol Polished Stainless Steel Hood Scoop for 78-95 Jeep® CJ & Wrangler YJ - Quadratec
It looks like it screws on right over the vent grill using the factory holes.
Anyone use this one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
Does that one bolt down or tape?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey1 View Post
ive got the same problem. i thought about cutting notches in mine so i could turn it around. im just afraid it will look crappy. anybody got pics of theres after doing this?
I started reading this thread a few weeks ago when it hit -19F here in MT. The YJ just didn't seem to get warm at all. I figured I'd give the hood scoop a try. I ordered the plastic one mentioned above. I can feel the difference with the hood scoop even at idol. Well worth the money for me. Blows a lot more air into the cab. The scoop is designed to mount the opposite way, but after some reading on here I found it's best to mount it with the hole facing the window. So, I had to add two notches to clear the windshield washer things. It mounts with some sticky tape, but I added four screws just to make sure it wasn't going anywhere. My Jeep sits high enough that one wouldn't see my poor cuts unless they are standing on my hood. Using a hack saw, it took about 5 minutes. The washers have the clearance needed, and the fluid still hits the windshield even at speed on the highway.

Here are some pics from my Blackberry

White Jeep Club Member #711
IRISH CLUB #77
Old Jeep Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Hippies are stupid.
irish_loveAWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #63
longshot2134
1999 WJ 

its been awhile but i figured i would add this. i saw on another thread that someone used a cooking pan cut in half to use as a scoop. they said it worked well. this is what i plan on doing for mine!
- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ- COME AND TAKE THEM!
longshot2134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 09:05 PM   #64
cubewhiz
1995 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.quadratec.com/products/13006_12.htm

Does this one install over the existing vent or instead of it?

Thanks.
--------
My new Jeep: 95 ZJ with 4.0L I6 (auto trans)
cubewhiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.