Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

hood scoops ???

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  NaeKid 
#1 ·
See a lot of different styles and designs.
2 major differences
1-facing forward
2-facing rear

I have heard that the rear facing work from the air circling the windshield?
The other style faces the wind but how much gets around the vent from hitting the grill?

What are your thoughts or suggestions on which work, which are better.

#2 ·
Next time you are driving at highway speeds, hit you windsheld washer and watch where it goes. a small part will hit the window, and the rest will work its way to then NOSE of the hood. On vehicles with the airodynamics of a tented brick, airflow is often contrary to logical thought. Put it on facing rearward for the best flow with the least amount of dead bugs and debris.

#3 ·
I also faced the opening of my scoop towards the windshield with good results. Its easy to see with snow on the hood how right at the cowl is the first place to clear from airflow when you start driving.

#5 ·
Uh that's because you have a Cherokee and the areodynamics are a bit better than our tented brick. On a Wrangler you really want it to face the windshield.

#7 ·
I put some scoops on my Jeep from a Intercooled Turbo Firefly. I faced mine forwards to try to force more air into my Jeep. Didn't turn out the way I wanted - I just forced more water into it!

I just use the scoops for cooling my engine-bay a bit now.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.