Hood latch stability - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hood latch stability

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-09-2013, 11:40 PM   #31
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by modfox View Post
Those hood vents are awesome. Did you buy them online or just from a bone yard?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray427 View Post
You might have seen my YJ, cause as in one of my earlier posts I was saying how I was surprised how fast mine is. Not sure if I bought a Stroker but this thing will hit 100 pretty easily - hence the hood vents.

Plus the added bonus of they look sweet!
I managed to get my 4 Banger on 4.10s and 33s up to 91 before it started losing power again, mostly because of an incline. I was still going 75 by the time I hit the top. That high speed stretch was on flat land too, no tail winds that I could feel either. I was never able to do it again for some reason though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJ4LIFE View Post
Funny u say that. The winds round Palm Springs are really strong. Going there I was going 100 coming back I couldn't break 40!
Many a time I passed through Palm Springs going westbound. It got so bad one time that I had to pull over, and when I did, my Jeep started rolling backward on a slight decline. I spent 45 minutes waiting for a semi to come along to draft off of, a flatbed came along so I took it. Drafted off him all the way into Fontana before I was able to hold my own.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #32
tonymartin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rproject View Post
I'd like to call BS on this one. I've never seen a Jeep, much less a YJ, go over 100mph with stock components and since the poster doesn't have an info listed about their vehicle. I'm calling it ----- BS.

My hood used to bounce until I replaced the rubber feet that cushion the hood to the fenders.
I had my ZJ up to 182KMH as per my GPS, which is about 113mph and my YJ up to 85mph. Felt like it could've gone further but I was too scared to push it any more!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.