Hood Bumpers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hood Bumpers

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #1
DustyGeneral
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Hood Bumpers

Probably not the ones you guys are thinking of. Awhile back when I was installing some lights on my bumper and I was going in and out of the engine bay. Long story short the wind was blowing pretty good and when I opened the hood to rest in on the windshield the wind grabbed it from my hands and it slammed against the windshield metal. I said a few choice words and immediately put some clear coat where the paint chipped off.

Now there is a little bit of rust on hood where the paint chipped. I dont have a pic right now. If you look at your YJ hood there is that raised section that is on the hood. My chips are where that raised section would meet the windshield (one chip on pass side and the other on the driver side). I dont want to have to paint that section because I doubt I will be able to mix the exact color for that small job.

SOO what I was thinking was to clean up the rust, prime or clear coat it, then get some rubber stoppers and put them right over where the chips are.

That way it can double as a cover up and have the function of "isolating the hood from the windshield when i lay it back" lol. Anybody done this before?

DustyGeneral is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
squarelite
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Rubber cut to size/shape and an adhesive. Never seen it done before , but that is how is do it. You can also probably cut down a body mount puck or dock bumper and bolt it through the hood
squarelite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
kjg26
1993 YJ Wrangler 

TJ hood bumper

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...d=330952965678
Unread 10-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #4
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Poison spyder vented hood. Mount a light bar with a 24" led. I had the same problem only a little wrinkle no paint chips.

Sent from underneath my Jeep

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #5
kjg26
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerchief462 View Post
Poison spyder vented hood. Mount a light bar with a 24" led. I had the same problem only a little wrinkle no paint chips.

Sent from underneath my Jeep
Any pics?
Unread 10-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #6
GrantYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

If you opt for primer, use primer/sealer. Primer isn't a barrier finish (metal that has been primed will still rust).
“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.” ― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values
GrantYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.