Homemade tube fender ideas - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 03-03-2010, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
fess
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Homemade tube fender ideas

well i have a broken ankle so thus gives me time to do a little work to the yj. I stated all over the place due to a.d.d. Took off my top folded the window down then noticed i had some sweet tubing with pretty nice bends in it all i have to do is cut and weld.. but what i want to do is make the high fenders and cut the hood. Now i have them mocked up but i came to this question what am i going to do for inner fenders? I cant use the stock inners unless i add sheet to them. Is this the only way to go? Anybody do this yet come to this conclusion?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-03-2010, 10:17 AM
E_ROCK
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fess View Post
well i have a broken ankle so thus gives me time to do a little work to the yj. I stated all over the place due to a.d.d. Took off my top folded the window down then noticed i had some sweet tubing with pretty nice bends in it all i have to do is cut and weld.. but what i want to do is make the high fenders and cut the hood. Now i have them mocked up but i came to this question what am i going to do for inner fenders? I cant use the stock inners unless i add sheet to them. Is this the only way to go? Anybody do this yet come to this conclusion?
I really can't address a high fender design, but I made my own inner fenders. I had to junkyard some new overflow and windshield wiper fluid bottles for mine. You are going to need access to a sheet metal brake. A sheet metal shop can bend it for you pretty cheap also.

Garage Monkey, Wheeling Junkie

www.rockfrogs.org
post #3 of 6 Old 03-03-2010, 10:26 AM
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
I have been talking about this for a while and FAIL because I have not actually installed them yet. BUT, I have an assortment of rubber and plastic fender liners I grabbed from the junkyard. I found a combination that will work and fit pretty well and just need to find time to screw them in.

"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
post #4 of 6 Old 03-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Unlimitedlou

2012 JK Wrangler 

On my last YJ, I cut the inner fenders out of the old fenders and welded them to the tube fenders. There was a little tweaking and adding of a few fiiler pieces, but was pretty easy. I wish I had some pics for you.

2005 Unlimited Rubicon, too much junk to list!-sold
2012 JKU Orange Crush
post #5 of 6 Old 03-03-2010, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
fess
1995 YJ Wrangler 

thanks to all i'll throw some pics on later
post #6 of 6 Old 03-08-2010, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
fess
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.