Homemade tube fender ideas - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Homemade tube fender ideas

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 03-03-2010, 06:27 AM   #1
fess
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Homemade tube fender ideas

well i have a broken ankle so thus gives me time to do a little work to the yj. I stated all over the place due to a.d.d. Took off my top folded the window down then noticed i had some sweet tubing with pretty nice bends in it all i have to do is cut and weld.. but what i want to do is make the high fenders and cut the hood. Now i have them mocked up but i came to this question what am i going to do for inner fenders? I cant use the stock inners unless i add sheet to them. Is this the only way to go? Anybody do this yet come to this conclusion?

fess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2010, 10:17 AM   #2
E_ROCK
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fess View Post
well i have a broken ankle so thus gives me time to do a little work to the yj. I stated all over the place due to a.d.d. Took off my top folded the window down then noticed i had some sweet tubing with pretty nice bends in it all i have to do is cut and weld.. but what i want to do is make the high fenders and cut the hood. Now i have them mocked up but i came to this question what am i going to do for inner fenders? I cant use the stock inners unless i add sheet to them. Is this the only way to go? Anybody do this yet come to this conclusion?
I really can't address a high fender design, but I made my own inner fenders. I had to junkyard some new overflow and windshield wiper fluid bottles for mine. You are going to need access to a sheet metal brake. A sheet metal shop can bend it for you pretty cheap also.

www.rockfrogs.org
E_ROCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2010, 10:26 AM   #3
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have been talking about this for a while and FAIL because I have not actually installed them yet. BUT, I have an assortment of rubber and plastic fender liners I grabbed from the junkyard. I found a combination that will work and fit pretty well and just need to find time to screw them in.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2010, 10:27 AM   #4
Unlimitedlou
2005 LJ Wrangler 

On my last YJ, I cut the inner fenders out of the old fenders and welded them to the tube fenders. There was a little tweaking and adding of a few fiiler pieces, but was pretty easy. I wish I had some pics for you.
Unread 03-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #5
fess
1995 YJ Wrangler 

thanks to all i'll throw some pics on later
Unread 03-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #6
fess
1995 YJ Wrangler 

MySpace
MySpace
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=26932108

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.