Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Home-made Posi-Lock

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  billetbong 
#1 ·
Has anyone made their own Posi-Lock (positive axle engagement)
system for a YJ? Is it hard to do? Is it worth trying yourself or better to just fork out the $200 for the real thing?

#2 ·
bout to

peltdrummer said:
Has anyone made their own Posi-Lock (positive axle engagement)
system for a YJ? Is it hard to do? Is it worth trying yourself or better to just fork out the $200 for the real thing?
i bought parts for a DIY posi-lock a week ago, ill put it in first week of the new year... ill post as soon as i do, im REALLY excited about having a new fun lever in my cockpit ...
-cale

#4 ·
In case you decide to buy one

In case you decide to buy one, Collins Bros has the Posi-lok kits on Ebay for $149.

#5 ·
tomcat87 said:
i was thinking of doing it too actually because of my vacume problems. the only good write up i found so far is
http://home.earthlink.net/~stevenschreiber/cabledis.htm .It cant be too difficult of a project by the looks of it. if anyone has any links to other good writeups thatd be great.
I dont know why they call that a posi lock, it just engages your axle, it doesnt lock your differential

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.