Hold Fast- Sparrow's Build Thread - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hold Fast- Sparrow's Build Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Closed Thread
Unread 08-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #256
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Should probably update this pig haha!
Life is pretty messy right now, so I haven't had much time/money to do any major changes to the YJ in a while. But here is what I have been up to the last couple weeks:

So my Taurus fan was contacting the crank bolt on the front of the motor. After a while it really messed it up grinding there, so I ran to the JY and snagged a fan to replace it. I ground the bolt down about 1/8" and mounted the fan slightly offset and that seemed to solve the problem.

You can see the damage here;

Gave it a good bath to get all the trail dust off;

Got some stickers put on;

So my pinion angle on my 8.8 was a little off. Long story short, my daughter broke her arm the day I was installing it a few months back and my head wasn't in the game. Errors were made and my pinion angle ended up about 3-4* higher than it should have. I was getting decent vibes during launch from a stop. I had a local shop cut me some shims to solve the problem. They will work for now, but I plan on just cutting the perches and welding some new ones on correctly in the future. Lesson learned....

Shims going in...

Lastly I got my CB installed, wired in, and a 102" whip installed.

The whip before I tagged it to the windshield frame. You can see it on the passenger rear corner there next to ZER030.

Other than that not a lot of progress has been made. Money is tight and my time seems to be spread very thin these past weeks. Meh, such is life!

Cheers

Sparrows is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #257
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have however, found time to wheel it a few times!
Did a new to me trail called "Sinker Creek." I still haven't snagged many pics from the video we took yet (probably will get done later today) but here is a few I took will my cell...

One of my new favorites;

Cheers
Unread 08-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #258
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Some cool sunset pics I took on a spontaneous trail exploration one evening...

Cheers
Unread 08-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #259
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Aaaaand some other random-ish pics I've posted elsewhere but should probably put here so I don't lose track of them haha.

Taking Evie and Ivan out for the day

Took the Jeep on a pretty cool trail to a small swimming pond (sorry no pics ) then got some Slurpees haha.

Cheers
Unread 08-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #260
FirstJeep05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Love it. I don't get the sticker though
FirstJeep05 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #261
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstJeep05 View Post
Love it. I don't get the sticker though
Thanks!

Which sticker?
the /f12 is a nod to the YJ section here on JF.
The others are a H2, Prius, and JKU. It's a nod to the old WWII fighters that would mark Jap Zero and Nazi fighter kills on the side of their planes. Figured those three pretty much sum it up; a fake off road rig, a pretentious car that gets 5x my gas mileage, and the latest soccer mom Jeep (that my best friend wheels, so it's kind of a poke at him.).

Cheers
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #262
Gage56
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Thanks!

Which sticker?
the /f12 is a nod to the YJ section here on JF.
The others are a H2, Prius, and JKU. It's a nod to the old WWII fighters that would mark Jap Zero and Nazi fighter kills on the side of their planes. Figured those three pretty much sum it up; a fake off road rig, a pretentious car that gets 5x my gas mileage, and the latest soccer mom Jeep (that my best friend wheels, so it's kind of a poke at him.).

Cheers

Love it,

Hang in there man once you get back on you feet you will be back at it Loving the trail pic's make's me wish i had Emma done so i could hit some up

White Jeep Club #302

My Resto/Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-official-build-thread-1992-yj-emma-1494420/

Another YJ Resto
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...81/?highlight=

Sun Visor Fix How To
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...x-how-1607617/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
This is a prime example why people should be give a IQ test before they are allowed to Vote or Breed.
Gage56 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #263
yjlivin

The jeep logo sticker with the skulls I have the same one but it seems a bit small when I hold it up to where it belongs.....was yours like this?
yjlivin is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #264
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage56 View Post

Love it,

Hang in there man once you get back on you feet you will be back at it Loving the trail pic's make's me wish i had Emma done so i could hit some up
Thanks man! It's been great chatting with you!
You're on the home stretch now yourself! I CAN NOT wait to see the finished product!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjlivin View Post
The jeep logo sticker with the skulls I have the same one but it seems a bit small when I hold it up to where it belongs.....was yours like this?
Not sure. I had mine made locally and just gave him a rough guess of the size. You do have to cut the letters apart and put each one on individually. Either way, I like the look of that particular decal. From a distance they still really look like "E"s but close up they are obviously skulls. Just a cool little detail IMO.

cheers
Unread 08-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #265
kgb_m3
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Man those are some bad *** shots!! New color looks absolutely amazing on the trail As always your setup and your off-road shots set standards for other YJs. I'm really digging the water crossing shots, expecially the one where you're coming up and spilling it over the edge!! Way cool bro, keep up the good work and hopefully some day I can wheel with you
kgb_m3 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2013, 05:26 PM   #266
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb_m3 View Post
Man those are some bad *** shots!! New color looks absolutely amazing on the trail As always your setup and your off-road shots set standards for other YJs. I'm really digging the water crossing shots, expecially the one where you're coming up and spilling it over the edge!! Way cool bro, keep up the good work and hopefully some day I can wheel with you
Thanks so, so much! Some days I wish I had not messed with the paint just because I reeeeally like the white jeeps. Especially the white/spice combo. But overall I think it's pretty damn cool and definitely unique!

I would LOVE to go wheeling with you sometime! I was really hoping to make a couple wheeling trips this year, but it just doesn't seem to be in the cards. Next year though...

Anyways, a few more pics!

Cheers!
Unread 08-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #267
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Great pics. Not to be a dick but next time mount the flag higher and please don't drag my flag along the trail. Thanks

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #268
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
Great pics. Not to be a dick but next time mount the flag higher and please don't drag my flag along the trail. Thanks
Noted.
Wasn't trying to be offensive. I suppose I should educate myself on proper flag etiquette. I in no way meant any disrespect. My single greatest regret in life was missing the opportunity to serve.

Cheers
Unread 08-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #269
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
Noted.
Wasn't trying to be offensive. I suppose I should educate myself on proper flag etiquette. I in no way meant any disrespect. My single greatest regret in life was missing the opportunity to serve.

Cheers
Its ok. As long as you didn't mean it as disrespect. Just know that some people who have fought for that flag get offended quickly about it.

We've talked before about you never serving in the armed forces.

Keep up the great build

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #270
disposablehero
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The flag thing is very common. Just takes a good buddy to educate.

The jeepster looks great. The stickers crack me up. And I might be makes by some tube fenders much like yours. My friend is getting a pipe bender so I hope to get started soon.
12 Sonata hybrid hippie car, MPG all day.
06 sierra 2500hd 6.6. On the way to running 11's.
disposablehero is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.