Hold Fast- Sparrow's Build Thread - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hold Fast- Sparrow's Build Thread

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Steinjäger photo contest!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Closed Thread
Unread 06-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #211
WidowYj91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
On a side note I think I may end up getting a spice soft top since I like the look of them on a white Jeep. I've been paying attention the last few months and all the white ones seem to have grey/black tops and I haven't seen may white/spice in person. The pics make it look like a clean as hell combo so I'll probably be ditching the Lime Green stickers/detailing in favor of red. I don't think the neon green would look right with a spice top.

Any thoughts on this major, life altering, world shattering decision that I must make? I don't think I can bare the weight of it alone...

Cheers
I say you do the spice top and keep the green. We all have red accents, me included. Keep the green and stay different.

Unread 06-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #212
JeepTJeaglesct
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I just read through the entire thread.. Awesome work! I'm a tj owner. Haha. I just replaced my soft top and went with a bowless. (Awesome decision) i can take all the windows fully off, leaving a safari top. I got mine through softopper. They make a YJ one. If you're open for the design, I strongly reccomend it!
Unread 06-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #213
SH00T3R
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Dang dude, Jeep is looking sexy! You have done allot of work in a short amount of time. keep it up!

”When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.”
Unread 06-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #214
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WidowYj91 View Post
I say you do the spice top and keep the green. We all have red accents, me included. Keep the green and stay different.
That's what I ended up deciding too. Thanks for the input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepTJeaglesct View Post
I just read through the entire thread.. Awesome work! I'm a tj owner. Haha. I just replaced my soft top and went with a bowless. (Awesome decision) i can take all the windows fully off, leaving a safari top. I got mine through softopper. They make a YJ one. If you're open for the design, I strongly reccomend it!
Thanks!
I've looked into those. I have a line on a new family cage, and if I pick it up, I'll strongly consider the bowless top. I've been looking at those for a while and I really like how they work/look/etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH00T3R View Post
Dang dude, Jeep is looking sexy! You have done allot of work in a short amount of time. keep it up!
Thanks bro!
When are we going to get the YJs out for a play date???
Unread 06-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #215
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

So I realized I forgot to update with some pics of the 8.8 swap.
The swap more or less went well.
Turdy5 out...

8.8 set in a mocked up

And assembled and sitting back on her own feet

I ran into quite a few problems during the swap; the initial hole that was burned into the tube, seized bolts, stripped bolts, one of the Ubolts that RuffStuff sent out had the threads pitched wrong and I couldn't get a nut on it (even after spending over an hour cleaning threads, chasing the threads, cutting it down to try again, etc) and had to buy a parts store ubolt to keep moving.

In the end I got it put together sans the ebrake cables, but somehow didn't notice that with how the new shock mounts are positioned, my shocks are now too long. The ride home felt rough an bumpy and I couldn't figure it out until I started poking around. I finally realized that my shocks only have about 1/2" of up travel now!

I've since ordered a Teraflex shock relocation bar and I'll see if that helps. If it doesn't completely solve the issue, I'll be ordering a set of MORE shock brackets, grinding off the RuffStuff ones, and moving the mounting location to extend the shocks further. As of now the Jeep is on light pavement duty....

Cheers!
Unread 06-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #216
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Oh and video....
My computer sucks and a few shots of my YJ got lost in the rendering Oh well. Here ya go...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpRsq...ature=youtu.be

Cheers

Edit: How do you embed the videos instead of just having the link???
Unread 06-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #217
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

My favorite video ever. Is it me or was it perfect that the end of "until we're dead" repeats the phrase as you're bouncing on your rear axle? Methinks you can predict the future. Or the Star ....... Hipsters can(enter ellipsis here)
Unread 06-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #218
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
My favorite video ever. Is it me or was it perfect that the end of "until we're dead" repeats the phrase as you're bouncing on your rear axle? Methinks you can predict the future. Or the Star ....... Hipsters can(enter ellipsis here)
Ha!
You may think that was an accident.....

I'm still in shock that you know who the Star ****ing Hipsters are!
Didn't realize you listened to semi-obscure punk bands.
Unless that was some google-fu on your part?

Anyways, thanks for the compliments. Future vids should be even better once I get a new comp sorted out. Too much data to really do any fun editing on my slow, old laptop.

Oop, just noticed it's running low on coal...brb gotta shovel some in...

Cheers
Unread 06-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #219
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ha!
You may think that was an accident.....

I'm still in shock that you know who the Star ****ing Hipsters are!
Didn't realize you listened to semi-obscure punk bands.
Unless that was some google-fu on your part?

Anyways, thanks for the compliments. Future vids should be even better once I get a new comp sorted out. Too much data to really do any fun editing on my slow, old laptop.

Oop, just noticed it's running low on coal...brb gotta shovel some in...

Cheers

I didn't know the first band because I'm not a fan of songs that are sung by a man belching but "Two Cups of Tea" was even played on the indie radio station before it shut down so I investigated the band a few years back and liked that track better.

I didn't realize I fit a music mold. Lemme guess, I listen to country, right?
Unread 06-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #220
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I didn't know the first band because I'm not a fan of songs that are sung by a man belching but "Two Cups of Tea" was even played on the indie radio station before it shut down so I investigated the band a few years back and liked that track better.

What's wrong with country?

I listened to Willie while I mowed this afternoon.

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
Unread 06-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #221
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

The first song is the only song I have by that band- Stick to Your Guns-. I'm not a fan of that kind of "singing" either but I like that song for some reason. The last song is by a band called Come Back Kid.

We don't have an indie station here and very few people listen to anything like that so I was just surprised.

And nah, it's not that you fit a music mold, it's just that most of the music I listen too I discovered in my "rebel youth" days and just never bothered to really find new bands, so I'm almost always surprised when someone that isn't 16 with a mohawk knows what I'm listening to!

Cheers
Unread 06-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #222
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonjm View Post
What's wrong with country?

I listened to Willie while I mowed this afternoon.
I don't know the difference between pop music and country nowadays. If I had the chance, I would punch Kenny Chesney in the ear and then beat him senselessly with his own flip flops. I did listen to Dolly's "Jolene" on the way home today. Blasted it in the intersection with no top and no doors.

Quote:
The first song is the only song I have by that band- Stick to Your Guns-. I'm not a fan of that kind of "singing" either but I like that song for some reason. The last song is by a band called Come Back Kid.

We don't have an indie station here and very few people listen to anything like that so I was just surprised.

And nah, it's not that you fit a music mold, it's just that most of the music I listen too I discovered in my "rebel youth" days and just never bothered to really find new bands, so I'm almost always surprised when someone that isn't 16 with a mohawk knows what I'm listening to!

Cheers
I'm stuck in the same musical rut that I started digging back in '95. Songs leave an imprint on us and are milestones for events in our lives. Music is about the most meaningful thing I can share with anyone.
Unread 06-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #223
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I don't know the difference between pop music and country nowadays. If I had the chance, I would punch Kenny Chesney in the ear and then beat him senselessly with his own flip flops. I did listen to Dolly's "Jolene" on the way home today. Blasted it in the intersection with no top and no doors.
This^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
I'm stuck in the same musical rut that I started digging back in '95. Songs leave an imprint on us and are milestones for events in our lives. Music is about the most meaningful thing I can share with anyone.
I agree 100%
Please feel free to share away! Maybe you can dredge me out of my own musical rut

Cheers
Unread 06-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #224
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The last song is by a band called Come Back Kid.
I love Comeback Kid. One of my favorite bands. I was listening to them on the way home from work today actually

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #225
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Yeah I trend to agree about most of the newer country. There are a few singers I like that are new'ish though. Jamey Johnson and Ryan Bingham are two.

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.