Hockey pucks info! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hockey pucks info!

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-28-2011, 08:13 PM   #16
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepin-wangler

O got cha! Is their a good web site that is really cheep that someone could recommend to me? It would be greatly appreciated !
You'd have tp google that.

Unread 11-28-2011, 08:19 PM   #17
jeepin-wangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoelessboi

Body lift
O duh! Sorry my blond is showing again!
jeepin-wangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2011, 08:20 PM   #18
jeepin-wangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr

You'd have tp google that.
Ok thanks for all your help!
Unread 11-28-2011, 08:25 PM   #19
ytowntj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

As far as grade 5 vs grade 8...

Sure the grade 5 will deflect more before it breaks than the grade 8. You have to consider that the grade 5 will have broken before the grade 8 even begins to deflect

By your logic upgrading to 4130 or 4340 axle shafts is really a downgrade compared to the stock 1541H dana shafts.

OP, just pony up and buy a body lift. Im not one to support big walmart type stores but 4wd.com has up to 20% off site wide until midnight. You can get a 1" BL (as big as I would go) for under a hundred bucks. Hockey pucks were meant for hockey. In any situation they are used on a jeep (BL or seat risers) the preload on the bolts is enough to crack the puck.

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/pts/4338209219.html

My build - Odd approach to 33's
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/o...h-33s-1307968/
ytowntj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 05:11 AM   #20
YjMudder
1989 YJ Wrangler 

i got my 1"BL for about 110 shipped.cant go wrong with the poly mounts.came with the sleaves too.if your looking for a 2"-3" lift check out 4wheelparts.com
YjMudder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 06:07 AM   #21
dr888
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepin-wangler View Post
It's a good thought tho! I probably won't go with the skateboard wheels anyways! Their may be 3" lifts but don't you have to get shocks, leaf springs, ext.?
A body lift merely puts spacers between the body and the frame providing lift. This type of lift does not touch the suspension (i.e. springs, shocks, bumpstops, etc). However, a suspension lift would require changes to be made for springs, shocks, bumpstops, etc and are usually fairly pricey. A bodylift is an economical way to provide additional clearance for larger tires but it does not allow for any additional axle articulation (or up and down motion). If you choose a body lift, i'd recommend nothing larger than 2 inches because of the added stress on the actual body mounts, plus 3" and larger kits look kinda funny in my opinion. Definitely do your research and ask plenty of questions on JF before making an investment.
Good Luck!
dr888 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 06:24 AM   #22
WoodiE55
2004 WJ 

Quote:
What if I want a 2" or 3" lift? Everywhere I look they are like 500$-800$ :/

Thanks for your input!
Than you can get a Black Mountain 2" body lift for under $100.
Unread 11-29-2011, 08:51 AM   #23
Matt The Hammer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Late comment - but as a hockey player, I'll note that today's ice hockey pucks (made in the czech republic) are quite soft when not frozen. Plus they chunk pretty easy. I couldn't imagine in a body lift application them lasting more than a month.

NHL game pucks are still Canadian made.

Inline skate wheels? Mine chunk easily and the plastic hubs in the middle break from time to time. Again, no way these last a month in a body lift.

Don't skateboard.

My 2" Performance Accessories body lift has not had an issue in over 10 years so far.
Unread 11-29-2011, 12:01 PM   #24
iced98lx
1995 YJ Wrangler 

What no one said but everyone implied is that body lifts over 1 inch are frowned upon because they don't much other than let you clear tire size. You won't gain much off road and will certainly look silly with a 3 inch Body lift and no suspension work. Raised center of gravity + silly gaps everywhere = do a 1 inch BL with a quality 2.5 inch suspension lift and you'll be much happier.
iced98lx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 04:36 PM   #25
jeepin-wangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iced98lx
What no one said but everyone implied is that body lifts over 1 inch are frowned upon because they don't much other than let you clear tire size. You won't gain much off road and will certainly look silly with a 3 inch Body lift and no suspension work. Raised center of gravity + silly gaps everywhere = do a 1 inch BL with a quality 2.5 inch suspension lift and you'll be much happier.
Hmm now you got me thinkin!
Unread 11-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #26
jeepin-wangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt The Hammer
Late comment - but as a hockey player, I'll note that today's ice hockey pucks (made in the czech republic) are quite soft when not frozen. Plus they chunk pretty easy. I couldn't imagine in a body lift application them lasting more than a month.

Inline skate wheels? Mine chunk easily and the plastic hubs in the middle break from time to time. Again, no way these last a month in a body lift.

Don't skateboard.

My 2" Performance Accessories body lift has not had an issue in over 10 years so far.
What is your lift called and how much was it?
Unread 11-29-2011, 04:40 PM   #27
ytowntj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt The Hammer

Don't skateboard.

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/pts/4338209219.html

My build - Odd approach to 33's
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/o...h-33s-1307968/
ytowntj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2011, 05:02 AM   #28
WoodiE55
2004 WJ 

Quote:
It's called "Performance Accessories", looks like you can pick one up for about $100.
Unread 11-30-2011, 05:23 AM   #29
kjg26
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep Body Bushings w/ 1" Lift (Suwanee, GA) $50

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/pts/2727138782.html
Unread 11-30-2011, 05:25 AM   #30
kjg26
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Great deal on a kit. Not mine, just saw it on craigslist. It is the same kit I have though. I'm very happy. Only issue with this kit is you have to reuse factory sleeves which can b difficult to remove sometimes. I removed mine wire brushed them and painted them before installing on the new daystar bushings.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.