highway performance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > highway performance

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-22-2001, 07:14 PM   #1
Nine5YJ

highway performance

hey-
i have a 95 YJ 4Cyl mostly stock except for a few things, and when i hit about 70-75Mph, over minor bumps and what not, my jeep will shake horibly until i drop to about 60. now ive had it to about 85mph safely with no shaking at all. is there anyway to prevent shaking by adding bigger tires or a lift? i know jeeps were not made for speed, but on some highways around here, if you dont keep up with the flow, you'll get rear ended. any input greatly appreciated! Thanks

Tom
95 YJ (slight mods)

Unread 04-22-2001, 07:54 PM   #2
Tonka
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Start by having your tires rebalanced, and check your U-joints for play. If you have custom wheels, loosen the lugs, and retighten them with the wheels off the ground. torque all lugs to 105 ft. lbs.

Or lift it enough that all they hit is tire
Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.