High Rev Ordeal ! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > High Rev Ordeal !

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 07-28-2002, 02:28 AM   #1
tire_smoke

High Rev Ordeal !

I was driving my '95 YJ 2.5 the way I said I never would. I saw some loser in an Integra and I decided to see if I could pass him on the highway. I was shifting and I went from 4th back into 3rd and the rpms shot up to about 4500-4700, but never hit the red line. My old Mustang could handle upper rpms, but the Jeep isn't ment for that. Is everyhing going to be ok ? Everything seems fine, no engine noise or anything.....am I over reacting ? I feel bad.... I appologized to the Jeep already.

Thanks,
Jeff

tire_smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2002, 08:19 AM   #2
Bob J

you're overreacting

just to travel on the thruway with my 4-banger YJ I would run about 4000 RPM at 75mph, and keep it there for a while.

My TJ w/ 4.0 I wanted to see what it could do after some modifications and I've had it up to the red line once and I have had no problems.

Sig v.55
Bob J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2002, 07:16 PM   #3
Nine3YJ

>"I was driving my '95 YJ 2.5 the way I said I never would. I saw some loser in an Integra and I decided to see if I could pass him on the highway."<

Well did you pass him?
Hardtop
Soundbar
31s
Nine3YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2002, 09:19 PM   #4
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

It should be fine .. its a fairly new engine still .. and I imagine low miles, eh? As long as you don't hear any knockin and rattles and such, you should be fine for many more kilometers
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2002, 01:32 AM   #5
jamesrob

I've been gathering parts and getting ready for a rebuild of my 94 2.5 and have been driving it hard as hell and just can't kill it. She's got 120,000 miles on it and is holding up well. Recently i've been letting it rev out to 4,000 - 5,000 rpm's and she is still holding up ( can't seem to kill it).
It's a tough moter and every now and then reving it out to the red line won't hurt it.
jamesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2002, 07:54 AM   #6
Dan's YJ

That's what your rev limiter is for, to make sure you don't spin her any faster. You'll be fine.
Dan's YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.