High Oil Pressure/Cap Leak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > High Oil Pressure/Cap Leak

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 07-01-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
jth0033
1987 YJ Wrangler 

High Oil Pressure/Cap Leak

Alrighty I've done some research but haven't come up with anything that was similar to mine. So here goes, figure I will fill everyone in on some information about my rig first. As of late I've had trouble with my oil pressure gauge. I replaced both the oil pressure switch and oil pressure sender. Recently I have done a motorcraft swap and also replace the valve cover gasket. This week I took a trip down to OBX and found that my oil pressure gauge is pegging at high speeds, causing a leak at the oil cap. Seems the oil has no where to go and leaks from the cap. How can I fix this?? Any help is greatly appreciated. If pictures of my setup are needed I can post them also. Thanks

jth0033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2011, 08:30 PM   #2
4.7stroker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

OK high oil pressure does not translate into high crank case pressure.
I would go through your PCV system to make sure everything is clear and working as it should.

Dwayne
4.7stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
jth0033
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like I will have to check it all out tomorrow. Could it just be that I wired it wrong? I did recently replace the pvc valve too.
Unread 07-02-2011, 06:46 PM   #4
jth0033
1987 YJ Wrangler 

and by wired i mean ran the hoses incorrectly somehow

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.