High fuel pressure - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > High fuel pressure

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDThe NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.com

Unread 04-17-2013, 08:53 PM   #31
atldude
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEJEEPERS
Ya you could cut it too.
It is for the return it does not have to be below the fuel line.
Drilling would be the easiest.
Yup i just cut it off and filed it down a little.

atldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #32
pete1991YJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Oh cool, the fuel pressure dropped back down? 31 or 32 PSI is pretty much perfect!
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #33
atldude
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yea definitely progress today. Thanks for all you help Pete!

FP is back down and my idle is still whack lol i guess i will check thins out to tomorrow and continue on the other thread
Unread 10-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #34
bcusstc
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Dont want to revive an old thread but did you ever figure out this issue. I seem to be having the same problem with high PSI so i am thinking about checking the return line in the tank but i am interested in whatever else was causing your rough idle?
bcusstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 05:26 AM   #35
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

If your fuel pressure it's high you need to disconnect the return line from the fuel rail and recheck your pressure. Run a line from the fuel rail to a bottle to get the fuel. Cycle the key and see what your pressure reads. If it it's normal then you have a pinched return line. If it still reads high then bad regulator. Post back what you find.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #36
atldude
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcusstc
Dont want to revive an old thread but did you ever figure out this issue. I seem to be having the same problem with high PSI so i am thinking about checking the return line in the tank but i am interested in whatever else was causing your rough idle?
Been a while.. but Q is spot on with the pressure pointers he gave you. As far as the idle, it kept being a bit too high. I have one of the newer YJs and it does have an adjuster screw on the tb gate. After i checked all the vacuum hoses, replaced the rubber elbows and fixed the pressure, i had no other option but to adjust the tb screw and the idle came down.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.