Hi-Lift Jack 48" or 60"??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hi-Lift Jack 48" or 60"???

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 04-12-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
GilNewJeeper
2008 KK Liberty 

Hi-Lift Jack 48" or 60"???

Hey guys, Quadratec have a 48" Hi-Lift Jack for $74.99 and the 60" for $76.99. Should I get the 60"? I think is too big.

GilNewJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #2
mmmkay325

go big or go home!!!

Seriously though i've owned both...obiviously the 48" is easier to store and I started with one. But after axle swaps and larger tires I found the 60" is what I needed to get my tires off the ground! But depending on the lift you have now or what you plan to have....i found that they 48" limited me too often and got scary as hell trying to get it up there to change a tire. The 60" was more stable for me. It just all depends.
mmmkay325 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Before you order that, check your local Napa. Mine carries those for $64.99 in the store, but I'm the middle of wheelin' country. I'd probably just get the 60.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2010, 02:48 PM   #4
themoz

I'd go with the 48" despite the few dollars price diff.

If you have a tractor supply co store near you thats the place to buy 'em. I think I paid just over $50 out the door a couple of years ago for one there. Everyone else wanted about $20 more.
themoz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2010, 02:53 PM   #5
WILLY348
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Not a YJ guy, but i'd vote for the 48" because of mounting it. I personally took and drilled some holes in my rear tire carrier and run some bolts through it, then mounted my high lift on that.. works great. Its more of an ornament then any thing.. works really good for a handle on my tire carrier too.. i use my winch MUCH more. But i actually got to use the jack yesterday to help a buddy change his tire on the trail.. first time ive ever used it on the trail

Heres mine mounted:

WILLY348 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2010, 03:24 PM   #6
provinT13
1999 TJ Wrangler 

48". I've only seen 60" needed for full size broncos with huge lifts. If you're only going to be using it for yourself and other jeeps, 48" will do and is easier to store.

94 YJ Build

99 TJ Build
provinT13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #7
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

"48 is just fine, really dont think you will need to lift your jeep "60 off the ground. if you were closer i would sell you mine, it just sits in the garage collecting dust since my stock jack works just fine with my "5.5 of lift and "35 tires.
Unread 04-12-2010, 03:51 PM   #8
1998zj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Mine just sits in the corner of the garage too. I would save your money for something really useful. If you ever did need one, someone else will have it. I have never needed one wheeling. I tried jacking up my Jeep with it once and decided it wasn't a good idea and just used my floor jack. I use my stock jack to change my 35" tires too.
Unread 04-12-2010, 04:38 PM   #9
paultyler
Uncle Paul has spoken...

1992 YJ Wrangler 

One more vote for the 48. For your jeep that is as big as you will ever need. Plus there is no where to store a larger jack.

My Jeep in the Snow

92 YJ, 35' MTR Kevlars, Klune/Dana 20, 4.88s, SYE, Rubicon D44s w/Rubicon lockers, front and rear Alloy USA chromoly shafts with 30 spline outers, JK electric swaybar, T&T tube fenders, custom cv driveshafts, RE 4.5 XD springs, M.O.R.E. 5/8'' boomerang shackles + 2' BL, 15lb Powertank, 4.0L TB & TB spacer, ARB Snorkel, K&N filter, rear bumper and tire rack, Rancho 9000s, AtoZ Rockers, Skid-Row Engine skid plate, Teraflex Bellyup, JCR Offroad 1 Ton TieRod, rock lights, RE hand throttle, M.O.R.E. roll cage, corners, 9000lb winch with synthetic cable in-cab winch controller (12voltguy.com), Dual Blue Top Optimas with 12voltguy dual battery controller, a/c (ackits.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrad View Post
This Uncle Paul guy seems to know what he's talking about.
paultyler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #10
JIBTEXHNKA
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Keep in mind that some bumpers are goofy-shaped and don't allow you to get underneath the body very easily... for example, my front bumper has a tube that sticks forward and the only way I can use the jack from the front is to lift from that hoop. At that height I can only get a few inches off the ground. Fine for the garage, not fine on weird uneven terrain in the unlikely event that I need to lift my entire front end (maybe if my diff was stuck in a rock and I couldn't get off). It hasn't been a problem for me yet and I have the 48" hi-lift, but something to think about. If you can store the 60", why not get it? You never know...

Washington Virtual Jeep Club
JIBTEXHNKA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2010, 06:06 PM   #11
Tooch
1994 YJ Wrangler 

smittybilt also makes a version of the hi lift. prices are good too

Green 4.0 5spd 4.10's, 4"rc lift, 33x12.50 bfg km2's
Tooch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2010, 06:58 PM   #12
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Go 48", that's all I have to say about it enough's been said

White Jeep Club #224
plumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2010, 07:14 PM   #13
93YJfalcon
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I bent my 60" on the trail and then cut it down to 52"

http://dirtyfabworks.com/gallery.htm
93YJfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2010, 09:07 PM   #14
chlosum
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I also say 48". i have the 60 " and i am limited on where i can mount it.
If you buy the 48" i"ll trade you my 60".
chlosum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2010, 09:09 PM   #15
chlosum
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93YJfalcon View Post
I bent my 60" on the trail and then cut it down to 52"
Thats funny.. i was standing in the garage today staring at my jack thinking about cutting a foot off of it.
chlosum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.