Hesitation in higher gears - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hesitation in higher gears

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 08-08-2011, 09:19 AM   #1
Fouse8806

Hesitation in higher gears

is anyone else getting hesitation in 4th and 5th gears? i have to put the petal to the metal just to get my jeep up to 70....any ideas on why? ive changed the plugs and wires and am replacing the fuel filter and am going to put some injecter cleaner through it....think it will help?

Fouse8806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
Buddha
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Fill out your Jeep profile so we know what you are driving and can help you. Also, explain what it's doing in a little more detail because what you have described so far could be caused by a lot of things. Was it doing it before you changed the plugs and wires? If not, what brand/type of plugs did you install? Did you check the gap on them?

All the stuff you've done and are planning to do will help it run better. Just don't know enough about your problem to know if it will correct the issue.
[COLOR="Yellow"]I have read hundreds, if not thousands, of threads on here and it's amazing the percentage of problems that wind up being caused by something the owner has accidentally done to the Jeep while working on it.

Moral to the story: If you moved it, unscrewed it, unbolted it, hammered on it, wiped it off, re-wired or replaced it - Check there first![/COLOR]
Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.