Ok. I started this process and have a few questions:
1) Am I seeing correctly in the pictures that you did not paint the area where the rollbar attaches? If so, was it's removal strictly to make the painting process easier into the corners?
2) I am seeing all these drain holes. Some don't appear to be accessible from underneath to be able to pinch the tabs easily and poke them through. Is there a trick to their removal? What's the trick for removing that rubber sealant?
3) I have what appears to be a really big drain hole in the center of the two footwells on both the driver's and passenger sides. Think those ought to come out too? They look like they can....
4) I note that some take off the strike pin for the doors and tailgate. Is there a trick to getting them back on and lined up? I'm certainly paranoid about not getting them back on and placed such that they still actually work properly.
5) Driver's seat removal..... The passenger seat was pretty easy. 4 bolts. Came right out. The driver's seat, however, seems to have 2 bolts and then 2 capped bolts. These 2 capped ones are the issue. Are these carriage bolts that I need to get at from underneath? If so, I'll start the PB process on them. If not, what's the trick?
I started on this yesterday. Plan to finish up next weekend (I hate prep work on painting, so I'm allowing plenty of time for when I get ticked off [or too drunk]). Here's what I've done so far:
The driver's seat is still in so that I can drive to a buddy's house who has more area to paint and a second garage bay. Also, same goes for the hardtop. It's on until I get it over there.