Herculiner in an automatic YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Herculiner in an automatic YJ

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
MathewWalsh
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Herculiner in an automatic YJ

If I was to rip out my carpet, could I lay down herculiner in the whole tub even though its an automatic? My concern really is the transmission cable and maybe speaker wiring, but I don't know where that runs in my jeep. So yeah if I was to do it will it mess up anything?

MathewWalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #2
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Do good prep and move/mask stuff off you don't want sprayed, problem solved.

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 06:27 AM   #3
jomamor
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Agreed. Don't forget prep, prep, prep. A buddy had his yj sprayed last week, and this week nearly the whole floor pulled up like a sheet of paper. Needless to say he is taking it back to have it stripped and redone.
jomamor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 07:30 AM   #4
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathewWalsh View Post
If I was to rip out my carpet, could I lay down herculiner in the whole tub even though its an automatic? My concern really is the transmission cable and maybe speaker wiring, but I don't know where that runs in my jeep. So yeah if I was to do it will it mess up anything?
Do the Herculiner DIY kit. Easy to roll on and dab brush... Tape off the areas well and PREP.

Unless you have a WELL VENTILATED heated garage, i would wait for a nice dry sunny day or next summer...

Remove seats, etc night before and roll out 2 coats the next day. EASY!!!

4 years now and mine is holding up great. Best $80...
BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 07:34 AM   #5
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Speaker wiring is up in the dash unless there are rear aftermarket speakers installed. Not sue where the shifter cable runs, but I'm pretty sure it won't get in the way for rhnolining

White '94 YJ Sport
Black '98 ZJ Laredo - 45x60 Surco Rack - 2" Budget Boost, Addco Front Swaybar

Project (s)Low - A build log.
UltimatE is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #6
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

I second NHfireYJ, get the kit and do it yourself. PREP is the key. I did mine a handful of months ago and I really like it. Mine's also an automatic. I went up to the seam between the tub and the firewall. Again, prep - prep - prep. Once you have everything out, use a scotch-brite pad or scuffing wheel in your drill until all the loose rust is gone and any shiny paint spots are dull, then acetone the whole tub and go for it. You'll have a great sense of pride doing it yourself.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #7
bill8bud

1995 YJ Wrangler 

mack off the plate covering the automatic, or remove and do your Herc work. Auto should cuase you not trouble. Also once you think you prep is ready do it again.
bill8bud is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.