Herculiner? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Herculiner?

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire CarrIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 10-19-2001, 03:55 PM   #1
Mikein

Herculiner?

Hey can someone tell me about Herculiner? What is it just a rubberizer to deaden noise or something better? What kind of prep do you need before applying? Any tips or replys appreciated.

Jacobs Mileage Master.
Mikein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2001, 09:40 PM   #2
JeepTodd

I have the herculiner in my 87 Wrangler. It is a thin rubber type material, alot like rhino truck bed liner. It is really nice if you just want to hose out the inside of your jeep to wash it out. I noticed that the floor gets hotter because it is black and it is also noisier. I'm going to put carpet back in mine because I don't like the heat and noise. I don't ever get enough dirt inside to really make it worth while to just take the hose to it. Most carpets clean up rather easy by getting them wet and then using a vaccum. Depending on your use of your vehicle you might like it better than me.
Unread 10-20-2001, 03:26 PM   #3
hog

I don't know about Herculiner, but I have my entire YJ Rhinolined, from the tailgate all the way up under the dash. I put it down as my best mod so far, it makes it so easy to clean (I haul a lot of sh*t around, and like to play in the mud).
I agree with JeepTodd stay away from black, (mine is grey), now there is a multitude of colors out there.
The only downside is it was not cheap to have installed.
Hog
hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2001, 06:18 AM   #4
bonehead99
1994 YJ Wrangler 

How much Herculiner will I need to do the inside of my YJ? Anyone one know of a cheap site to buy it, or another brand that is cheaper?
Unread 10-24-2001, 10:20 AM   #5
OhYeah

There is sale at Autozone, $99 for the kit and a gallon of Herc. I have been told this is more then enough to do a Jeep with couple of layers. I have heard Herc is some good stuff. Just buy it and read the instructions.

Peace,

O_O_O_O
o-I_ ___ _ I-o
(O IIIII O)
[_ O__O _ ]
{{}}}--o-{{{}}
{{}}} {{{}}
OoOoOoooOOOoOOO
(oO0O(oOo)0o0O0o()o
OhYeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2001, 11:14 AM   #6
RodeoRob

We did the inside of a YJ with one gallon from Kmart for $99. That was enough for two coats with a little bit left over.

-Rob
1995.5 Isuzu Rodeo - SAS'd and SOA'd, sitting on 36x12.50 TSLs, D44 front, 14bff rear, locked by OX and Detriot, suspensions by Jeep and Chevy, high steer conversion, 5.13 gearing and Teralow in the case.
robgorrell@yahoo.com - website
RodeoRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2001, 07:22 PM   #7
iJeep

I did the entire interior of my XJ with less than one gallon. It transfered the heat from my auto tranny a lot more than the carpet and it was much louder. It will keep the floor from rusting and a little easier to clean and harder to ruin.
iJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2001, 03:47 AM   #8
bonehead99
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I went to Wal-mart last night and they sell a gallon of dupli-?(not sure the rest of the name) for $40. Anyone used it? What all comes in the herculiner kit?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.