herculined pictures (finished !) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > herculined pictures (finished !)

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 11-01-2004, 03:28 PM   #1
jeep75

herculined pictures (finished !)

ok here are a few pictures of the finished product. the only thing about the herculiner that i can say that's negative is that it's very rough feeling. i though it would be a little more rubbery, but this stuffs hard as hell

sorry having problems posting my piictures. might need some help there. tried it by taking off the .jpg but the same thing. any suggestions?

jeep75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2004, 04:16 PM   #2
Nymisus

looks good, makes the tub look brand new all over again
Herculined, rock it air intake, tb spacer, warn heavy duty front bumper with D rings and 2 KC 150watt Daylighters, warn rear bumper with tire carrier, 1" BL and 1" MML, 4"RE suspension w/dicos sitting on 33x12.5 swamper TSLs on rockcrawler
Nymisus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2004, 04:30 PM   #3
bono426
2005 WK 

do they sell different colors for that stuff? i have been looking at the peolple who post pics and they all did black. im just curious

thanks
Unread 11-01-2004, 05:26 PM   #4
oct7brian
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I did mine in black but I think they also sell grey and red. I remember reading it in the directions because the colors took loner to dry for some reason

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4 3.7L Auto

1998 TJ 4.0 Auto Sahara Package 4" Suspension Lift 33 BFG Hard & Soft Top
oct7brian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2004, 05:39 PM   #5
94YJ_FL

I like the little Walmart smiley face, ready to slash prices...

Looks good.
Unread 11-01-2004, 06:08 PM   #6
Bobbywolf

Excellent job on the bedliner, however I can't say much for your taste in exterior accessories. I hate that jeep bra. I see them around town every so often, and they put the UG, in UGLY!

Lol, just ribbing ya, to each his own.
Bobbywolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2004, 06:29 PM   #7
ncjeepinyj

Looks good, but i hope you arent counting on it staying shiney and black
ncjeepinyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2004, 06:35 PM   #8
imtheant

Say NO to hurculiner

The stuff made by POR15 is a heck of alot nicer than Hurculiner, and it comes in a munch of colors. I've been very happy with it.
Unread 11-01-2004, 07:58 PM   #9
natimblue

Durabak is very similar to herculiner and comes in many colors, but if you go with a light color (like my sand color) be ready to use a LOT of product. It just takes 4 coats to cover the original tub color. I used some black on the roll bar and rack with great results, one coat covered great.

Tim
natimblue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2004, 08:40 PM   #10
flxpain

It looks good (even with the bra!) I have a bra on my jeep also!! but mine doesnt' go all the way up the hood. Again, great herculiner. Will you carpet back over it? You don't have to, but I know alot of guys that do. A friend of mine owns a Rhino lining shop and we normally put that on, and some guys then put carpet back on.
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Green Jeep Club Member #135[/COLOR]

Current Jeep-
95' YJ Rio Grande 3.5 Rough Country Lift. 3" body Lift. 31" BFG AT's. 2.5L Soon to have a pair of Sentinals Vent covers!
flxpain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2004, 09:32 PM   #11
jeep75

no my carpet is shot and for the bra, i have a bunch of scratches and dents on the hood and fender flares. i checked prices for a paint touch up and some new fender flairs and decided to save a ton and buy the bra. besides red w/ black trim of any kind looks good to me.
Unread 11-01-2004, 10:51 PM   #12
1wayout

herculiner

Me and a buddy lined his 77 chevy bed with that stuff and it started peeling and chipping off a few months later, i guess from the fact that it is so plasticy compared to the expensive stuff that is more rubbery, but it is well worth saving the money, and you can always clean it up and add another layer further down the road...i think.
1wayout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2004, 11:08 PM   #13
Nymisus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1wayout
Me and a buddy lined his 77 chevy bed with that stuff and it started peeling and chipping off a few months later, i guess from the fact that it is so plasticy compared to the expensive stuff that is more rubbery, but it is well worth saving the money, and you can always clean it up and add another layer further down the road...i think.
sounds like yall didn't do enough prep work.....mine has been on for more than a year and the only thing showing is in the back where I throw my high lift when off roading.....thats the most important part is the prep...gotta sand like crazy just like anything else
Herculined, rock it air intake, tb spacer, warn heavy duty front bumper with D rings and 2 KC 150watt Daylighters, warn rear bumper with tire carrier, 1" BL and 1" MML, 4"RE suspension w/dicos sitting on 33x12.5 swamper TSLs on rockcrawler
Nymisus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2004, 02:01 PM   #14
hmk_21

looks great, but i must ask..

where did you find the T style bra.. i've been looking EVERYWHERE for one.
thanks.

do the TJ ones fit the YJ hood perhaps?
Unread 11-02-2004, 10:15 PM   #15
jeep75

about the bra. you can get either the t-style only for like $50USD or the whole thing (front grill, light covers and fender flairs) for around $115USD.

Go to www.quadratec.com
these are the colgan bras which are supposed to be the best made. here's the part numbers for quadratec (other places have them but quadratec was the cheapest)
Full bras 87-95 leather 11072.200 $107.95/ carbon fiber 11072.201 -$115.95 i got the carbon fiber

T-style (same as full w/out the grill - fender covers)
11072.300 leather $46.95
11072.301 carbon fiber $49.95

btw there are the 87-95's and then the 97-02's ???
the ones i listed were all for the yj's. hope this helps.

but beware, they will crucify you here

Last edited by jeep75; 11-03-2004 at 01:22 AM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.