Her first time in a Jeep! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Her first time in a Jeep!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 10-29-2009, 07:24 AM   #16
cormac827
1998 TJ Wrangler 

It must be legal to trespass in florida? You tear up my land ill shoot you! or at least scare the **** outta ya.

I love wheeling, but I do it in places where I have permission and it is legal. If i find some random spot, i try and be a lil more technical then just tear up the ground. it isnt too hard to do this, especially for rock crawling. mudding will always tear stuff up. it is the mindless form of jeeping.(but a lot of fun)

Im not judging it looks like you had an awesome time! but you can not blame someone getting mad that you were most likely trespassing and you were probably tearing up either private or state land. to each his own i guess!

cormac827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2009, 07:41 AM   #17
daggo66
2009 JK Wrangler 

I'm not commenting about the fence post or whatever it was. Look at the picture, he's off the trail tearing up the vegetation.
Unread 10-29-2009, 08:09 AM   #18
Noslackft
1982 CJ7 

You guys cannot see the WHOLE area. The other side of the fence is offlimits. I did not attempt to tear down the fence. That little area I was in had been previously been torn up my MANY off-road vehicles. My buddy owns this piece of land I was given permission to go there, the other entrance was locked because he was out of town. I called him and asked another way to get in, that dirtway lead to his storage sheds. He four-wheels all around there, and it was very torn up before hand.

Be not so quickly to judge. I'm not looking for trouble!!!!!

And the 4 by 4 post...I have no idea why it was there, there was no sign on it.....it was just and dry rotted post, So I nailed it. I could have cracked it in half with a swift karate kick!
Atomic Orange paint, 4.2 258, Pacesetter split headers, custom exhaust, Skyjacker 4" suspension lift, 1.5 inch body lift, 33 by 12.50 mud terrains, 15 by 10 Centerline Hellcat wheels, Rhinoline Tub, etc.
Noslackft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2009, 08:20 AM   #19
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noslackft View Post
You guys cannot see the WHOLE area. The other side of the fence is offlimits. I did not attempt to tear down the fence. That little area I was in had been previously been torn up my MANY off-road vehicles. My buddy owns this piece of land I was given permission to go there, the other entrance was locked because he was out of town. I called him and asked another way to get in, that dirtway lead to his storage sheds. He four-wheels all around there, and it was very torn up before hand.

Be not so quickly to judge. I'm not looking for trouble!!!!!

And the 4 by 4 post...I have no idea why it was there, there was no sign on it.....it was just and dry rotted post, So I nailed it. I could have cracked it in half with a swift karate kick!
Don't bother trying to explain, again.

I could tell that was the case, because you explained it already in your original post. However, the "internet gangster" trolls just skim over the threads looking for a way to stir things up.

Attention flamers:
1) If you own a JK, take a hike. This is a YJ forum. Go argue over who has the nicest seat covers in JK "tech".....
2) Leave the drama to your girlfriend & sisters.

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2009, 08:30 AM   #20
Noslackft
1982 CJ7 

Well, I will once again say, I do not want to get in trouble, so I am not looking for it! I worked way to hard on my Jeep to have it taken away!

My original storyline was poorly written, and I apologize.

Atomic Orange paint, 4.2 258, Pacesetter split headers, custom exhaust, Skyjacker 4" suspension lift, 1.5 inch body lift, 33 by 12.50 mud terrains, 15 by 10 Centerline Hellcat wheels, Rhinoline Tub, etc.
Unread 10-29-2009, 08:44 AM   #21
Floppy

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I really have been dying to have some people to go wheelin' with. Where's Corbett? We'll go down!

And I was wheelin' off a dirt trail that led out from my buddies lot in Stuart. He has a huge piece of land there...the fence is where they are begining to develop a neighboorhood on the otherside (well, they stop developing a long time ago..and the fence stays), the trails on the otherside are amazing too, you can see where they were dug out a while ago....but the fence stops me.

So, where is Corbett?
J.W. Corbett is in western Palm Beach county. Depending on what part of stuart you're in, it's probably 30 mins to an hour away. Definitely worth the ride though if all you have to ride in is backlots. It's around 60,000 acres. All of the trails are open right now but hunting season starts back up again on Nov. 7th and only some of them will be open. Send me a pm if you're coming down.
2006 Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom
1974 Volkswagen Super Beetle (sunroof and 1904cc motor)
1972 Volkswagen Super Beetle (wolfsburg edition)
Floppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2009, 08:52 AM   #22
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmerrill View Post
J.W. Corbett is in western Palm Beach county. Depending on what part of stuart you're in, it's probably 30 mins to an hour away. Definitely worth the ride though if all you have to ride in is backlots. It's around 60,000 acres. All of the trails are open right now but hunting season starts back up again on Nov. 7th and only some of them will be open. Send me a pm if you're coming down.
From the FWC website for J.W. Corbett area. FWC - Wildlife Management Area Sites J.W. Corbett Visitor Information

The north entrance is 25 miles northwest of West Palm Beach via the SR 710/Beeline Highway. This entrance is on the south side of the road, just 1/4 miles west of the intersection with SR 706 or Indiantown Road. The south entrance is 16 miles northwest of West Palm Beach on Seminole Pratt Whitney Road, 3 miles north of Northlake Blvd. Use the south entrance for access to the Everglades Youth Camp and Hungryland Boardwalk.

And here is a location map. http://myfwc.com/docs/RecreationSites/corb_context.pdf

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2009, 09:13 AM   #23
Noslackft
1982 CJ7 

Well, Corbett, here I come.

We'll get some good poser shots with the gf ok guys?

Unread 10-29-2009, 09:57 AM   #24
Floppy

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well, Corbett, here I come.

We'll get some good poser shots with the gf ok guys?

I sent you a pm
Unread 10-29-2009, 10:13 AM   #25
chicalibro3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

did you put that moon roof on your hard top, or did you get it like that?
chicalibro3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2009, 11:03 AM   #26
ziebartrob
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Nice looking rig Looks/sounds like you had a good time. Its the days like that when you realize why you love your YJ! Only bad part is the hours of pressure washing getting off the goo. Puttin' the little women in a bikini to help makes that fun too though It's always good to have a bud with land to wheel on. I am fortunate enough to have a couple of private property spots to go on as well. Dont sweat the haters, its not like you went to Yellowstone and mowed down some buffalo
Unread 10-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #27
MRHahn34
2004 WJ 

I wish my wife would like to go on some trails with me...
Unread 10-29-2009, 01:56 PM   #28
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

From this point forward let it be clearly known that the OP IS ON PRIVATE PROPERTY WHERE HE HAD PERMISSION TO BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHH. Take the debate crap to GD please.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2009, 02:03 PM   #29
white_elephant
1991 YJ Wrangler 

dude lets plan a trip to corbet!!

EXPERIENCE ISNT BOLT ON
I DONT GO FAST, I GO ANYWHERE
white_elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2009, 02:09 PM   #30
Floppy

1990 YJ Wrangler 

There's already some guys from a couple other forums planning a trip to Corbett on November 21st and 22nd. Right now they're thinking about camping out there but I don't know if that's going to change. I wouldn't be able to make it on the 21st, but I'll be there the 22nd. The only problem with that weekend is that's after hunting season starts back up and not all of the trails are open. If you guys want to go riding we should go before November 7th.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.