helpp np231 problems - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > helpp np231 problems

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-20-2010, 08:45 PM   #16
MJMPC
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Check your motor mounts . Are you running rubber mMM with a poly trans mount ?

http://www.dav.org/

MJM Powder Coating
Elizabethtown Ky.

http://www.cityprofile.com/
MJMPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 08:50 PM   #17
bigred94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

ill take pics after work tomorrow and im running browndog poly mounts ... the chain is deff slapping around in the and as for clocking how far do u drill new holes for the yj set up i realy dont like that whole idea of drilling could i just lift the trans up with a home made trans mount lift ?
bigred94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 08:58 PM   #18
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred94 View Post
ill take pics after work tomorrow and im running browndog poly mounts ... the chain is deff slapping around in the and as for clocking how far do u drill new holes for the yj set up i realy dont like that whole idea of drilling could i just lift the trans up with a home made trans mount lift ?
Redrilling isn't as traumatic as it sounds.

1) It's soft aluminum, so a simple hand drill will be fine.

2) The pattern just needs to be moved clockwise (looking at it from the rear) a bit. The 10 degree amount is not something critical, it just happens to be 10 degrees.

3) The t-case is "hub-centric" meaning that the case centers itself into the transmission, so if the holes need to be slightly enlarged to compensate for being a little off, it's no big deal.

4) The tranny/T-case mounting flange does not make a fluid seal, nothing will leak out.

Make a cardboard template of the pattern (using the existing bolt pattern) then rotate the cardboard template approximately the same as the one in the pic & drill it out.

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 10:10 PM   #19
Douglas S.

I just finished up clocking an XJ ax-15 for my swap. This is what i recommend.

1. Take a file folder and use some spray adhesive (very little) to lightly glue it to the rear of the transmission (with hole cut out in center for shaft)

2. Take a hammer and lightly work your way around the outside, tapping the edge of the transmission. The extra material should break off cleanly.

3. Use a ball peen hammer to knock out the current mounting holes.

4. Carefully pull the template from the transmission

5. Figure out about where the template will go to rotate the t-case up approx. 10 degrees

6. Lightly apply spray adhesive and set the template in its new position (edges will line up so you can tell it is centered)

7. Drill new holes. I used a drill press, but you could probably get away with a hand drill if you are careful.

Unread 01-21-2010, 03:26 PM   #20
bigred94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

ok i got some pics there not the best off of my phone

sorry never posted pics before so this is the best way for now
i spun my front drive shaft has some slop in it and can hear the chain too
bigred94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.