I just finished up clocking an XJ ax-15 for my swap. This is what i recommend.
1. Take a file folder and use some spray adhesive (very little) to lightly glue it to the rear of the transmission (with hole cut out in center for shaft)
2. Take a hammer and lightly work your way around the outside, tapping the edge of the transmission. The extra material should break off cleanly.
3. Use a ball peen hammer to knock out the current mounting holes.
4. Carefully pull the template from the transmission
5. Figure out about where the template will go to rotate the t-case up approx. 10 degrees
6. Lightly apply spray adhesive and set the template in its new position (edges will line up so you can tell it is centered)
7. Drill new holes. I used a drill press, but you could probably get away with a hand drill if you are careful.