Helper Springs or New packs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Helper Springs or New packs

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 08-10-2011, 08:48 PM   #1
Rockabilly
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Helper Springs or New packs

I have a 93 YJ. I bought it with the current drive train and suspension. It has a High pinion currie nine in the back and a high pinion 44 up front. It has a SOA. The front sits 3 inches lower than the rear. I want to level it out. I am looking for info regarding installing helper springs out front to raise it. Has anyone else did something like this and will the helpers stiffen up the suspension and lead to less flex. I thought about just replacing the springs but I don't know how bad the current springs might be sagging so I don't know what to buy. The current springs are almost flat from one end to the other which leads me to believe they are probably worn out and really weak. I'd hate to buy a new set with a little lift in them and end up with the front higher than the rear. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2011, 08:52 PM   #2
Duck Doctor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Add-A-Leafs will change your marginally rough riding rig into a poor riding rig. I installed helper springs on my CJ7 and YJ and both Jeeps rode terribly rough after the install. I'd suggest buying a new set of front springs.
Duck Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2011, 08:59 PM   #3
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'd go new. Add a leafs won't hold up on SOA anyway.

If you can, I'd replace all 4 with the same springs.

My build thread...
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a four wheel drive...
TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2011, 09:53 PM   #4
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabilly View Post
I'd hate to buy a new set with a little lift in them and end up with the front higher than the rear. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
The springs may or may not need to be replaced but if you buy only front springs and it turns out to be not so level, you can always buy springs for the rear after the fact. Returning springs you don't need will cost you return shipping.
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #5
hesserdude07
1993 YJ Wrangler 

what springs are in it now?

Flat springs SOA work great, if you have a quality spring. They flex like crazy and offer a good ride...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.