Help with Winch Sag in front - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Help with Winch Sag in front

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 01-30-2007, 01:11 PM   #1
muddyfunkster
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Help with Winch Sag in front

hi got a problem and need advice!

had my 2.5 inch lift on for 5 months and the winch on for a month. the front end of my 95 yj is now 2.5 inchs lower than the back. i have a 10,00lb winch and winch plate on.

I have the old springs still (which obviously arnt as curved as the newer lifted ones) but can i use these in anyway to add-a-leaf to my spring pack or something? or is a lift block or longer shackles the way to go?

when i finished the lift i actually got 4 " over what was on there and the back hasnt sagged at all! so it makes it look really odd with the front being lower!

Please help!
Cheers everyone from cold england!

muddyfunkster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2007, 01:36 PM   #2
ramburger

can you post pics, that sounds funny-
get new springs....
ramburger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2007, 02:13 PM   #3
paultyler
Uncle Paul has spoken...

1992 YJ Wrangler 

When mine sagged in the rear I did an add a leaf and it fixed it. But if your springs are old...and I see you have the worst springs available (procomp) just buy a new set. I can say that because I had pro comp too.

My Jeep in the Snow

92 YJ, 35' MTR Kevlars, Klune/Dana 20, 4.88s, SYE, Rubicon D44s w/Rubicon lockers, front and rear Alloy USA chromoly shafts with 30 spline outers, JK electric swaybar, T&T tube fenders, custom cv driveshafts, RE 4.5 XD springs, M.O.R.E. 5/8'' boomerang shackles + 2' BL, 15lb Powertank, 4.0L TB & TB spacer, ARB Snorkel, K&N filter, rear bumper and tire rack, Rancho 9000s, AtoZ Rockers, Skid-Row Engine skid plate, Teraflex Bellyup, JCR Offroad 1 Ton TieRod, rock lights, RE hand throttle, M.O.R.E. roll cage, corners, 9000lb winch with synthetic cable in-cab winch controller (12voltguy.com), Dual Blue Top Optimas with 12voltguy dual battery controller, a/c (ackits.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrad View Post
This Uncle Paul guy seems to know what he's talking about.
paultyler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2007, 05:01 PM   #4
King03Kev
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Try adding a leaf or swap the front springs with the back and hopefully all will even out. I can't believe they sagged that much, that sucks.
kevyj87 '87 I6 5spd, 215,000+ miles, Herced, Nuttered, Weber, HEI, RE 4", 1" BL, 4:11's, np231, 33x12.5's, SYE & shaft, 1" brown dog mm, home made bumpers front & rear, Ramsey 8,000lb winch
King03Kev is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2007, 09:02 AM   #5
muddyfunkster
1995 YJ Wrangler 

sorry wrote the original message with a migrane, ill try again!

i had the 2.5 inch procomp lift which gave me 4" of lift when first installed. (over what i had with sagged springs)

lifts been on for 5 months and the winch for 1.

the jeep now still has the bigger lift in the rear with no sagging at all, but the front has sagged to around half the height of the front.

wat can i do to lift the front end just a little? to even it out.

like i said ive still got the old springs, can i add a leaf somehow? or will a lift shackle do the job?

what have you guys done to correct the sag from your winchs?

thanks again for help!
muddyfunkster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2007, 09:45 AM   #6
RealJeep

I put a winch on mine and it didnt sag it that much at all. Winches arent that heavey where they would sag it half the difference.
1992 Wrangler Sahara, 4.0L HO, Dynomax exhaust, Kc daylighters, 4" pro comp suspension lift, 33x12.50 BFG MT's, 15x10 rockcrawlers, hurst shifter, Off-road bumpers, SYE, 2-10's, MM 8000 Winch, ARB Snorkel, MORE Boomerangs, CB
RealJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2007, 10:08 AM   #7
crazymon01
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJeep
I put a winch on mine and it didnt sag it that much at all. Winches arent that heavey where they would sag it half the difference.
i had an old school 12k LB ramsey winch on the front of my jeep for a while til i down graded to an 8k LB winch and i have had this second one for bout a year now with little to no sag at all..... i thinkin u may be havein another problem....
307 -> 411 gear swap
lock rite locker on the dana 35
33 x 12.50 Mickey Thompson radial MTZ
4.5" Rubicon Express heavy duty Suspension Lift
currie boomerang shackles
8,000 lbs. Winch
bikini top
tonneau cover
pictures?? http://www.cardomain.com/id/ironm98
crazymon01@aol.com
crazymon01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.