Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Help w/a stalling ?

307 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  patnewk76 
#1 ·
Took the Jeep to go cut some firewood today and was pullling a trailer w/it. drove just fine other then going up the hills. Probably made it work harder today then usual. anyway, after filling up w/fuel on the drive home, was going over to a friends how to drop off his chainsaw and stuff and it started to cut out 3 or 4 times. this was while driving down the road, but it fired back up. while sitting at my friends house w/the Jeep idling, it died on me. fired right back up and home we went. when i got home i backed the trailer into it's spot and was taking the trailer off the Jeep when it died again. I know it wasn't the fuel pump cutting out as I could hear the pump running and it shut off a sec after it died. it fired back up again. so my ? is....has anyone else had this issue? is there something on it that'll shut it down if it thinks it's too warm? any help or advice is appreciated. thanks in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.