Help w/ Carpeting - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Help w/ Carpeting

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutDon't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 03-06-2002, 08:46 PM   #1
WranglerYJ94

Help w/ Carpeting

The previous owner of my 94 YJ ripped the carpet off the floors of the Jeep because he did not own a top or doors, and was a daily driver/4 wheeler...However, I bought a top and doors for it, and the floors look pretty bad, its all scratched up metal and dirty, etc. I am going to put Carpeting in it this weekend. Where is my best bet to buy carpeting??? Does Pep Boys/Advance Auto sell carpeting kits??? Carpet stores? Also, what color should I be looking at? The exterior of my jeep is black, the dash is black, seats are light gray and console is black & light gray...Should I get Gray or Black carpet? What comes standard on these interior color combos? ANyone got any pics??
Thanks for the help! This site rocks!
John

Flowmaster exhaust
Lights
Lotsa 'stuff'
WranglerYJ94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2002, 09:04 PM   #2
evilpsych

heh.. personally.. i'd shoot it w/ a rhino sprayed in liner.. last forever, and it deadens road noise, prevents rust, and you can always stick a carpet kit in later.. most carpet kits you have to order from a specialty shop like quadratec or rosser jeep.
The rhino liner can be sprayed in wherever there's a dealer that does it, and i'm sure there's one in your area..

oh yeah.. standard carpet for your rig is probably a dark gray/charcoal

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2002, 12:17 AM   #3
Billy Badass

I just put carpet in mine, black is the ay to go, it looks great with grey and will accent your gray. It is easy to do and will cost you about 140 bucks. I don't have any picks but my dash is black, and my consol is grey along with my seats.

Later

88' YJ 3" body, 32x11.50 ProComp Mud Terrain. JKBII Carb Mod. Nutter Bypass and a new ignition. White Faced Gauges with blue backlighting. Sone to come 4.10 gears and lockers.
Billy Badass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2002, 12:25 AM   #4
kidwired

evil has the right idea, kmart has herculiner I think. you can put it on w/ a roller.
Unread 03-07-2002, 08:34 AM   #5
wyldgirl

Once you've put in the spray/roll in liner, can you basically hose out your interior after a weekend of play? What's the average cost for that type of flooring.
Unread 03-07-2002, 02:04 PM   #6
jeepinarkansas
1982 CJ8 

I herculined my jeep for $89 in material, and one full saturday. Beats the hell outta the $350 that the rhino liner guys wanted. I love the liner, I just pull my plugs and spray it out.
jeepinarkansas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2002, 02:49 PM   #7
Loppy

Unread 03-07-2002, 05:55 PM   #8
BIG KEV

I've got he same set up you do and have black carpet and if looks good, but I'd pay about $295 at rhino or linex and have it sprayed on! They even give you a warranty
so that if anything happens(scratches) they will repair it for free.

BIG KEV
KORE4x4CUSTOMS.com
BIG KEV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.