help w/ carb. 258... Weber or Holley Pro-Jection? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > help w/ carb. 258... Weber or Holley Pro-Jection?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 12-04-2001, 09:37 PM   #1
Wrangler89

help w/ carb. 258... Weber or Holley Pro-Jection?

i also posted this in the "engines" forum, figured I'd get some more help. i have an '89 Wrangler YJ w/ a 258 I-6... it runs rough at idle and it runs rich, we've had 6 rebuilt carbs. on it already. we have decided to do one of two things: either get a Weber carb. or a Holley Pro-Jection kit. Will the Weber solve all of our problems or is it worth the extra $400 to get the fuel injection. i have heard some good things about the weber but I haven't heard much about the Holley FI... any help would be greatly appreciated

Wrangler89

Wrangler89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2001, 06:04 AM   #2
glm 87 wrangler

If you find a FI for 800 bucks let me know!
But if 400 bucks is all.GO FI! By all means go FI!After that get the TFI upgrade to set that jeep in real stong motion.www.driveajeep.com has info onthe TFI
I have a weber and run the TFI! Runs great! Just still a little cold natured.I paid 359.00 for my weber and 119.00 for the TFI.
Unread 12-05-2001, 04:03 PM   #3
dburton

I have the weber carb and have done the TFI upgrade and it still ran ruff.So I had helped a friend do what he called the nutter bypass on his CJ, which eliminates the computer now mine runs better after doing this simple little rewire job, but it makes it very difficult to pass emissions test if you have those which I don't here.
Darin

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.