HELP!!! Replaced Ignition Module, won't run! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > HELP!!! Replaced Ignition Module, won't run!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 10-11-2004, 06:04 PM   #1
bidnizman

HELP!!! Replaced Ignition Module, won't run!

Hey everybody,
I just replaced my ignition module, and now it will barely start, when it does it idles at an extremely low rpm, i have to keep the gas floored. It seems like the timing is off now? I have no idea. The ignition module i purchased new had different connectors from my stock one, had to chop the connectors of the new module and wire the ones from the old module in. Before i replaced the module it ran fine, started fine, then would just shut off when warmed up. Could i have the wrong module and now its thrown the timing off? PLEASE HELP!!! Stuck in Mexico,
Thanks!
Ryan

Unread 10-11-2004, 08:30 PM   #2
bidnizman

Bump, please help with any ideas...
Unread 10-12-2004, 01:39 AM   #3
Bobbywolf

Seems to me like you received the wrong modual. I just replaced my Igniton modual about a week ago, and the two connectors snapped in place. Works great. Something sounds fishy about having to start splicing things togeather.
Bobbywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2004, 10:01 AM   #4
bidnizman

From my research on this board and others, it seems like the replacemente modules can have different plugs and still be the same? I'm not positive. It just seems like something is totally wrong now, it worked better with the old one? I havent replaced the coil yet, could it be something wrong with that now? The problem is worse than when i started.
Unread 10-12-2004, 04:23 PM   #5
bidnizman

Turns out the module i purchased was bad, replaced it with a GOOD new one, fixed the problem. Makes troubleshooting twice as hard when the replacement parts you fix are worse than the current broken parts...
Unread 10-12-2004, 07:24 PM   #6
Bobbywolf

Yikes, good to hear you got her running again though.
Bobbywolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.