Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Help please Tire&rim question

490 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Sohc1 
#1 ·
Can i fit 4 NEW 32x11.50 15 mud tires in my 15x10 rim?

#2 ·
you can but I would not.... prolly lose a bead going around a corner.....

#4 ·
that would be worse......

unless your running a 12.5 or bigger and bigger would still be better a 10" wide rim is just gonna pop beads on everytihng it hits..... the rim will stick outpast he tire, as the tire will balloon so to speak......

all you need is a 8" wide max.... I WAS running a 10 wide ona 33 x12.5 TSL, everything I hit it was losing a bead.... pissed me off so I bought some 15x8 steelies and all is gooder now

#7 ·
No, he is saying the 10" rim is too big. The tires you asked about will mount mount on a 10" in rim, but the rim is bigger than the width of the tire. Not only does it look bad, but off road it is bad. Aired down it will blow the beads easily, and the rim is not protected from rock/sticks, so things will get shoved under the bead and blow it or leak, or worse, bend the rim.

#8 ·
No, he is saying the 10" rim is too big. The tires you asked about will mount mount on a 10" in rim, but the rim is bigger than the width of the tire. Not only does it look bad, but off road it is bad. Aired down it will blow the beads easily, and the rim is not protected from rock/sticks, so things will get shoved under the bead and blow it or leak, or worse, bend the rim.
This.... ^^ try and picture it in your mind, a 10" wide rim on a 10 wide tire and you will have no tire overhang so to speak, you DO NOT want the rim hitting **** you want the TIRE to hit ****.... an 8" wide rim will give the tire a nice bulge on the side wall, so it will take the abuse, it will also seal way better on the bead... you would want about a 14.5 wide tire ona 10 wide rim.....

umm go to a new car lot and look at any sports car, the rim and tire are flush... this is for handling, you dont want tire roll on a sports car, so low profile and flush to hte rim....

off road you dont want this, you want the tire to overhang past the rim, so when you hit ****, the tire climbs up it NOT the rim, on rocks the rim will just dent/break/loose beads... this is bad.. you want the tire to hit, it wont hurt nothing then.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.