Help Please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Help Please

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 05-01-2007, 09:43 PM   #1
officialvin

Help Please

i have a 94 wrangler with a 4 cyl.. i bought it with a bent frame and just swapped it.. im putting in the motor and relized the three wires coming out of the dist. are stripped and cut were do they go? there are identical wires that are also cut and stripped that go into a connector and the wires change color at the connector to i think yellow purple and white... so pretty much my question is do these go together or is there something thats supposed to be in between? the only reason i think that is because the wires are all perfectly cut and stripped.... any help is greatly appreciated.. thank you-Bryan

officialvin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2007, 06:57 AM   #2
officialvin

bump............................
Unread 05-02-2007, 10:32 AM   #3
chim
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I can look at mine tonight if nobody can do it sooner..................chim
chim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2007, 11:24 AM   #4
officialvin

thanks alot that would be great
Unread 05-03-2007, 05:39 PM   #5
chim
1995 YJ Wrangler 

First, sorry for the delay.

I looked at mine, and here's the scoop. The wires on the connector from the harness are yellow, green(?) and orange.

The wires from the distributer all look black, but I shot them with some cleaner, and the center one is either pale yellow or white ON THE ONE SIDE ONLY. It looks like there's a stripe on the center wire for ID purposes.

I'll try to describe a way to get them oriented:

Hold the connector from the harness in your left hand with the plug end of the connector facing to the right so the colors are yellow / green / orange from top to bottom.

Then hold the flat 3-wire coming from the distributor in your right hand with the cut ends to the left, and the white (or yellow) stripe towards you.

The wires belong together in that order.

I hope this makes sense. If not, let me know...................chim
chim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.