Help Please! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Help Please!

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-28-2013, 08:34 PM   #16
jsipe007
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Unfortunately I jumped the gun everything was dunning great until just a few minutes ago. Just went to start my jeep and it would just crank and crank until I pumped the gas. It was starting so much better after cleaning the throttle body too! I'm honestly not seeing any patterns here. I still think it might be fuel pressure related, but it started immediately this morning. I let her dit for 4 hours after work and now I sometimes need to pump the gas to get her to start. Any other ideas? Could it be the throttle position sensor? My next step will be to check fuel pressure at the rail. That should tell us if its pressure related or not.

jsipe007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #17
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

yes does the check engine light come on when you turn the key? Does the fuel pump prime? Do you have spark?
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2013, 09:49 PM   #18
jsipe007
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Yes, yes, and yes. Car still starts ok but I have to pump the gas while cranking to get it to start. I can hear the fuel pump prime as well. I regularly have been priming the fuel pump two or 3 times before starting the car, but so far, that seems to not help. That is why im starting to think throttle position sensor or crank position sensor. The symptoms I am seeing are kind of all across the board. Thats why I am thinking fuel pressure would be a good place to start? Then we can determine what the next logical step would be if its not fuel pressure.
Unread 02-28-2013, 10:04 PM   #19
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Fuel pressure. The sensor would also cause stalls when driving.
Unread 02-28-2013, 10:47 PM   #20
jsipe007
1994 YJ Wrangler 

What is the best and easiest way to check fuel pressure? from the schrader valve with a rented fuel pressure tester?
Thanks again!
Unread 03-01-2013, 05:06 AM   #21
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Exactly. Good youtube videos on doing it. Bleed down is the important one in your case.
Unread 03-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #22
jsipe007
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry, havent had the time to check the fuel pressure. in other news though, the fuse hasn't blown and I havent had any issues starting my jeep. I did notice though that cycling the key about 5 times for 2-3 seconds would build pressure and the jeep would start fine. But when I just left the key on, I could hear the fuel pump prime but switch off after about 2 seconds. Not sure if that helps any. I know the next step is to check the pressure at the rail. Im hopefully going to be able to do that either today or Thursday.
Unread 03-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #23
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The 2 sec. prime is normal.
Unread 03-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #24
jsipe007
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks, that is what I thought.

Hopefully I will have some fuel pressure results soon.
Unread 03-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #25
jsipe007
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Any chance I had air in the lines or something similar? My jeep has been starting perfectly the past week, no need to prime the pump multiple times. It has also been very cold, like 20F to 40F.
Unread 03-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #26
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Only one way to find out. Check the fuel pressure. It doesn't cost you anything. The tool can boorowed from any of the big parts store with fuly refundable deposit.
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #27
jsipe007
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Que! Sorry, its been a while since ive updated the thread. I am fairly certain my fuse that blew previously was just a bad quality Chinese fuse. Jeeps been running good. I rented the equipment to test the fuel pressure and hopefully will get to that either today or tomorrow after work! Thanks again for your help
Unread 04-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #28
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Those fuses are causing a lot of people grief. Post back the psr. results.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.