Help! Oil In Airbox! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Help! Oil In Airbox!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 10-16-2011, 11:13 AM   #46
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Take the grommets out of the VC. Push the elbows in the grommets.Push in with the elbows already in the grommets.

Use plenty of lube.

jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 11:27 AM   #47
bmart

how do the grommets pull out? i tried pulling and yanking and nothin happened...
Unread 10-16-2011, 12:26 PM   #48
oldtime_ironman
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmart View Post
how do the grommets pull out? i tried pulling and yanking and nothin happened...
Use a razor blade and split them into "C" shapes, then use pliers to pull em.
oldtime_ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #49
bmart

i dont have new grommets tho is the thing
Unread 10-16-2011, 03:17 PM   #50
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Fold then from the inside. Sometimes a screwdriver from the inside to help them unseat from the lip.

The old grommets are gonna be a PITA to work with as they are dried up and hard. Thought you were using new ones. New ones will be soft and supple. You DO have the elbow with the restricted port for the rear, right ?
Unread 10-16-2011, 03:38 PM   #51
bmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsawduste View Post
Fold then from the inside. Sometimes a screwdriver from the inside to help them unseat from the lip.

The old grommets are gonna be a PITA to work with as they are dried up and hard. Thought you were using new ones. New ones will be soft and supple. You DO have the elbow with the restricted port for the rear, right ?
they said these came with the grommets but no grommets.... and yes restricted port on rear...gonna c if local part store will get em...darn jeep lol
Unread 10-16-2011, 04:26 PM   #52
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

OK, so you were not able to do the elbows. How about the other vac lines, plastic tree and the line going to the PB booster ?
Unread 10-16-2011, 04:48 PM   #53
Hollingsheadj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Use plenty of lube.
Life lesson right there.
Hollingsheadj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #54
Dallas333
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsawduste
You DO have the elbow with the restricted port for the rear, right ?
is the rear elbow on the 4 cyl 2.5 supposed to be a restricted port as well?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

[B][U]Disclaimer:[/U][/B] We should all have hope and look towards the day where man realizes that the sounds exiting his mouth are mostly complaints and a change occurs. - Chevelle
Dallas333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 05:57 PM   #55
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas333 View Post
is the rear elbow on the 4 cyl 2.5 supposed to be a restricted port as well?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Honestly I do not know. You might compare part numbers with the 4.0.

Perhaps someone else can answer this, anyone have a good answer to share ?
Unread 10-16-2011, 11:29 PM   #56
bmart

Quote:
OK, so you were not able to do the elbows. How about the other vac lines, plastic tree and the line going to the PB booster ?
bought em and they are going on when valve cover goes on..its gonna be runnin hopefully tomorrow
Unread 10-16-2011, 11:30 PM   #57
bmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollingsheadj View Post
Life lesson right there.
i almost wanted to say that exact thing hahaha
Unread 10-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #58
bmart

got it put back together..ran great then acted like it was out of gas..pulled over and sat for a sec and fired it back up and ran fine...bad gas...but other than that it runs freakin good!!!thanks guys!!!
this is off topic but where can i find wheel adapters? I am buying wheels but they are the 5x5.5 instead of 5x4.5
Unread 10-17-2011, 12:46 PM   #59
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmart View Post
got it put back together..ran great then acted like it was out of gas..pulled over and sat for a sec and fired it back up and ran fine...bad gas...but other than that it runs freakin good!!!thanks guys!!!
this is off topic but where can i find wheel adapters? I am buying wheels but they are the 5x5.5 instead of 5x4.5

http://www.spidertrax.com/products/wheel-spacer
Unread 10-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #60
bmart

just called and they told me that they dont have those is there anyone else? its just my luck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.