Help! Oil In Airbox! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Help! Oil In Airbox!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 10-12-2011, 07:19 PM   #31
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Hesco has the Elbows, grommets and tubes.and I would think Q`tec or 4WD etc would also.

http://www.hesco.us/shop.asp?catID=7533

Give Bennie a call and he can set you up.

jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2011, 07:39 PM   #32
bmart

thanks man...i appreciate it..i need the hoses cuz they are just movin all around and loose
Unread 10-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #33
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

No problem.
The factory system can work very well. Over the years things get plugged up. Lines rot and folks band aid the system together. If you follow the links. Get some fresh elbows and grommets. Route the hoses the way they are supposed to be you will be golden. Yeah it`s a bit of work and a few bucks but well worth it.
Unread 10-12-2011, 08:35 PM   #34
bmart

i got the part numbers and hopefully will have them come this weekend...
Unread 10-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #35
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Make sure you clean the baffles in the valve cover.
Unread 10-14-2011, 11:24 PM   #36
bmart

well just got the valve cover off...thta gunk is all in the motor too...what do i do? the valve cover was definitely covered..here is what i got...

the top pic shows only a fraction of the sludge..do i need to tear it down?
Unread 10-14-2011, 11:36 PM   #37
lilscoot250
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I would do one cause you dont know how clogged the passages are so i would at least do half oil half diesel in it to break it up run it for ten minutes then drain it and refill it prolly 5 or 6 times then it might be good but you dont know if its gonna be good or not
Unread 10-14-2011, 11:42 PM   #38
bmart

it runs strong so i mean it dont need a rebuild..and it has no blow by, but it is nasty inside...hate to tear it down right now...ive heard they get nasty but i just dont know how nasty..so i just drain half oil and put diesel fuel in the oil? is thta hard on it?
Unread 10-15-2011, 07:00 AM   #39
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Block off the area the push rods come up through (passenger side) with some rags and go to town. Do you best to wire up as much as you can. Then hit the valve cover with oven cleaner or degreaser of choice. Remove the baffles and clean`em up.

Because of the sludge...............not uncommon...............the oil is "pooling" in the head/valve cover rather then draining back down to the pan. Another reason you are getting the blowby.

An oil change would be a good idea to help remove any gunk that may have fallen into the pan.

Then run it like you stole it, no worries..
Unread 10-15-2011, 08:30 AM   #40
bmart

thanks man..right now i am cleaning it out..took a screw driver and dug a chit ton of that stuff out..now taking a wire brush and diesel fuel..looking lots better..still gonna replace those parts too though
Unread 10-15-2011, 10:30 PM   #41
bmart

well..i cant get the valves in the valve cover...great....
Unread 10-16-2011, 03:06 AM   #42
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmart View Post
well..i cant get the valves in the valve cover...great....
Did you try using some Windex or soap ?
Unread 10-16-2011, 06:47 AM   #43
bmart

tried oil its just too big for the hole....not to sound pervy hahaha
Unread 10-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #44
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmart View Post
tried oil its just too big for the hole....
I hate when that happens.................:

Are the grommets to big or the elbows ? If grommets you might luck out at the hardware/autoparts store with a different ID/OD.
Unread 10-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #45
bmart

the bottom part pf the elbows just wont pop in

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.