Help! no power to fuel pump or coil!!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Help! no power to fuel pump or coil!!!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

Unread 07-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #16
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by laybackman View Post
The fuses are the first thing to check no matter what and I mean pull them and test them not just eyeball therm. Next the horn relay can get pulled and be used to test the ASD relay.
The crank, cam & VSS are on the same 8 volt circuit. If a dead short occurs in this circuit there will be no fuse popping, but none of these sensor can send a signal back to the ECM. The VSS is the usual culprit. It could be bad wiring anywhere in that circuit also or the other two sensor are junk, who knows.....

Some time back I was helping a fellow JF member locally (Rat). Oue89YJ was helping also (Thank the JF Gods) suggested unplugging the VSS sensor after we had swapped out or tested everything under RAT's hood. The damn thing fired right up! The only issue was Rat had no speedometer because his '95 YJ speedo was driven by the VSS sensor.
Bottom line is until the OP makes has a game plan to eliminate possibilities he will chase his tail until he flies up his own butt and disappears!

CEL check first, then fuses, then relays, then sensors and wiring.
And they have redundancy built into these systems. Or in plain English if Chrysler to keep the ECM small they melded up a bunch of similar sensors doing the same job! At Chrysler they must hire ex- Gov't bureaucrats as electrical engineers whose thinking is; The straightest distance between two point is a straight line...going the other way!
This makes sense to me now. Thanks man!!!

Op looks like you have your homework assignment.

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #17
beefers92
1993 YJ Wrangler 

First off thanks for all of the suggestions! I have tested all fuses via continuity tester. Tested the relays via horn relay slot. If I leave the key on nothing changes. There are no stored codes. I replaced the crank sensor with no luck. I am replacing ecu Sunday.... When I jump the fuel pump relay and the asd relay pump comes on and sounds like it has low power. Still no start. I will test voltage at the relays on Sunday as well. Again I appreciate all the help thus far, you guys are awesome. There will be an update Sunday night!
beefers92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #18
beefers92
1993 YJ Wrangler 

P. S. I do not have the fuel pump ground inside the Jeep next to the door strap. Mine is on the block where the oil dipstick brace is. It also seems to be good...
Unread 07-14-2013, 10:27 AM   #19
beefers92
1993 YJ Wrangler 

So did some more testing this morning and it looks like I have low voltage on the 8 voltage circuit. I'm getting 2.5 volts at the vss white/orange wire. Do the relays need a certain voltage to switch on? If this is an issue where do I go from here?

Y'all have been a great help so far keep it up!
Unread 07-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #20
beefers92
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Also have 12 volts at the k19 you speak of isn't that supposed to be a ground?
Unread 07-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #21
beefers92
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Ok so I fixed it. Turns out I am freaking stupid! Pulled all the mega fuses to test again and found the 30 amp fuse in the f1 slot was blown. Replaced fuse pump primed and it fired right up. Thanks again for all the input I'm sure it will help in the future.
Unread 07-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #22
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

All of that back and forth diagnosis and the end result was a blown fuse. Somebody owes Siva and Laybackman some cool refreshing adult beverages. Nice job anyway guys!
YJOTM JULY 2014
DirtKar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #23
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtKar View Post
All of that back and forth diagnosis and the end result was a blown fuse. Somebody owes Siva and Laybackman some cool refreshing adult beverages. Nice job anyway guys!
We are just happy to help

Sent from my SPH-L300 using JeepForum

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Unread 07-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #24
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283 View Post
We are just happy to help

That's the truth!

Keep in mind that you not only solved a problem but you learned more about your YJ than you knew before.

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #25
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

That's the truth!

Keep in mind that you not only solved a problem but you learned more about your YJ than you knew before.
This is true I know I learned something new

Unread 07-14-2013, 06:07 PM   #26
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefers92 View Post
P. S. I do not have the fuel pump ground inside the Jeep next to the door strap. Mine is on the block where the oil dipstick brace is. It also seems to be good...
You're right! I think they moved it in '91 when all engines went with FI.

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 06:35 AM   #27
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

You're right! I think they moved it in '91 when all engines went with FI.
My 95 has things grounded at both spots.

Unread 07-15-2013, 07:02 AM   #28
beefers92
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Ya after some research I learned that it's only on 94 and 95 yjs, or the one that were taken in for factory recall.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.